1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. milosh

milosh Senior member

Last week, one asshole did pushups on dbs in the squat rack.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

cool man. semi-related to your plan: was at a hotel yesterday so i used the hotel gym on my bench day. there was no barbell, only dumbbells and an adjustable bench machine, so instead of doing my 2x5 paused bench i did 3x10 paused machine bench and the rest of my assistance work as i usually do. i did my regular benching today since i'm stubborn and didn't want to miss a week of benching and i noticed a huge huge difference it felt even after being kinda sore and doms-ey from doing all my assistance work the day before. i smashed every single rep smoothly with gas left in the tank whereas bench is usually wobbly and i'll miss a rep here or there, forcing me to repeat weeks with the same weight to get the reps. i was expecting to be worn out and was only planning on going for 2x3, especially considering there's probably a study out there telling me i'm an idiot for max benching the day after doing a volume chest workout, but it was awesome. results > *

a lot of that is dependent on my own personal weaknesses but my point is that BB-style volume is effing awesome so i hope it works well for you too. a few short weeks ago i was bored to tears with it, but now i'm having fun seeing the size + strength results. can you estimate the total you're aiming for?

this is next level shit, wow. i hope he doesn't breed

cool. i just think the other way... i'd rather start high and be able to adjust downwards to take some of the risk away from losing strength and give myself more room to cut more and more calories the closer i get to my goal. thats coloured by my personal experience though, i cut calories too hard on account of being impatient and ended up going hunger-crazy near the end of it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Need to start back on that EC stack... can't quit thinking about food. Scale weight is getting extremely close to 16X again though, haven't been there since beginning of the year :)

1 person likes this.
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I dunno BW*15 worked for me since I'm thick solid tight mesomorph master race. If I was DYEL skinny fat phaggot I might do BW*14 or maybe even BW*13...but if I was DYEL skinny fat phaggot I wouldn't be cutting in the first place so irrelevant.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

As a skinny fat, I'd definitely prefer cutting first.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Sometimes I fantasize about having my brain swapped into a skinny fat body and seeing how quickly I can turn my new body into shredded Greek God status.

2 people like this.
  7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I'd strong bulk first honestly. Become a big old bear and then surprise my friends and acquaintances when i shred all of the fat and be aesthetic as fuuuark.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

sustain consecutive knee and shoulder injuries which cause you to lose a year+ of progress

/self pity

1 person likes this.
  9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

My body shape is embarrassing though. I wouldn't mind a bigger stomach so much, I hardly have one, but dem love handles fucking god awful.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

it varies cyclically, some years ago it was uncool as shit to curl in the squat rack so everyone started to discourage that but since then girly skinnyfats have started to dole out that advice so now it's the hardcore guys that curl in the rack again.

1 person likes this.
  11. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

That's dumb

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

believe it or not you actually have to be big to be big

13. GraphicNovelty

i mean i am pretty much where i want to be aesthetically so now i'm just fantasizing about alternate timelines.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Nice. I hope it works for me as-well. If anything it's a nice change of pace from the 5x5 5x10 with little variety in lifts that I've been doing since I've started 10 months ago or however long it's been. I have no clue about what total I'm aiming for, I'll probably know better around October.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I keep wavering between this and cutting. Especially since the last few weeks I can just tell I'm bigger and stronger, and its awesome. I want to be aesthetic too though, it's a slippery slope.

I guess in the end it's better to cut down, then slow bulk and maintain aesthetics somewhat but get bigger as well

17. GraphicNovelty

i mean whatever makes you feel best. Going full bearmode and bulking up hard looks like more fun and will get you to a higher endpoint faster than slow bulking but being fat sucks.

Something to think about though: at your BF% getting abs will take long enough that summer will mostly be over, so you can maybe get a head start on next summer? You'd have time to put on quite a bit of mass between now and february of next year (which is when you'd probably want to start cutting for summer)

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Where I live winter is when outdoor activities happen, Summer is too damn hot, which gives me a couple more months to really lean out.

19. jarude

jarude Senior member

this is so strange. being on the beach in florida in november was messing with my head, man

20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Yeah I'm going to be fat in summer and lean out for rugby season.

Fat as in really fat. I'm trying to put on 10kgs