1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'd be fine not listening to music, but I do so to drown out the obnoxious music that's always playing in my gym.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

My gym does this, but they play awful music. I hate it.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

4. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Jarude, are you going to buy it? :foo:

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Cool thanks. Love 5/3/1, will wait to see how long it takes for it to hit private trackers

I think good chocolate milk is my favorite food ever.

6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Yo Adam, started seeing a girl and she lives all the way uptown, like by Fordham. If I recall correctly you do as well no? Any good hole in the wall spots/bars?

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

near Fordham like in the Bronx or just high up in manhattan? I can give some recs up in inwood/wash heights but the bronx is a whole nother story.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Hey guys form check on squats in aisle 5.

265x8 I think, this was the last set of 3. Sorry for the shit angle, I will mount it higher next time if need be. Any pointers?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't think you're going deep enough and your right knee looks like its buckling a little. I'd recommend doing lighter weights with a band wrapped around your knees.

But it's like who the fuck am i to give advice

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Definitely not deep enough, stay focus it's look like you were getting distracting by your surrounding and your upper back should be tighter. Lower the weight and work on your form imo.

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah nowhere near deep enough for a conventional squat.

If you're going for a powerlifting squat, your knees are coming too far forward.

12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

She goes to Fordham. Lives in Wash Heights, what's good up there?

If you could recommend a good spot to get lunch that would be dope, preferably not crazy expensive and good place when you're still trying to get close state.

Also has booze.

Also might not necessarily card because she is still 20.

Haha, mad specific but I rarely venture past like...14th street/out of BK.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, not deep enough.. mainly because his technique is very off.

But that second part.. not true. Knees tracking in front of your toes is fine if your technique (given that it's clean), form, and body proportions causes them to go forward. A lot raw powerlifters are going to have their knees in front of their feet, including me.

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Ah ok.

I sorta meant it not in the way that the knees shouldn't come forward at all, just that the squat doesn't look like a proper low bar squat because of how far forward the weight is. It looks like the weight is over his toes, not his heels.

Which is wrong for any type of squat.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Its not a low bar squat. I don't think I can do low bar, my arms don't bend that way.

I have been a little ambitious. I put about 40lb on the bar in the last ~3 weeks. I will drop the weight, go deeper and work on keeping the line of action through the middle of my feet.

16. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

There's this dude at my gym, little black guy, probably about 5'7. He is fucking JACKED and shredded and ripped all at the same time. Like he's huge in the sense that he's beefy as hell, but he's probably got 8-10% BF at all times. He wears under armour and you can actually see his abs rippling beneath. He also reps 275 like it's babyweight. Is it pretty safe to assume that he is on gear?

I'm not putting him down or anything, I think he looks amazing (despite being a manlet) and he is obviously very strong, i'm just curious is that how gear actually makes you perform and look?

17. mrchariybrown

Can't say without a picture (and even then, it's just a guess). Your definition of JACKED and shredded is probably completely different than mine. 8-10%.. not shredded. But anyways, I wouldn't ponder those kinds of things.. why do you care? :)

Main thing gear does is help you recovery quicker. More frequency + faster recovery = More strength + size in a shorter span of time.

18. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha, well to be honest, why do I care... I don't have any moral or ethical qualms with gear, and a long ways down the line, when I truly feel like I have absolutely exhausted my genetic potential I could see myself giving them a go. With that being said I would only do this if I got super rich and had someone in the know set up the programming/dosages/which drugs to take.

At this point, I just am curious, trying to spot out which guys are on gear or not gives me a better idea of what I can accomplish naturally. I think starting to get educated about it is important...Also, the whole culture/science behind it is immensely interesting in my opinion.

For what it's worth, he looks pretty much like this, but with an even bigger chest [​IMG]

19. mrchariybrown

If he looks like that, he looks pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary though and conditioning kind of sucks (not very lean for a bb show). Could go either way, but probably not imo.

(btw, don't know why you'd have to be rich.. a basic cycle is dirt cheap lol)

20. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Haha, don't put thoughts into my head. I dunno, i'd feel a lot more comfortable hiring some doctor who worked with pro athletes/movie stars or some shit. He figures it all out, all I gotta do is poke myself. Kind of how you do with your diet, and all you do is the heavy lifting ; )