Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. amathew

amathew Senior member

No doubt, EC has done great stuff. His squat and deadlift technique articles from T-Nation 3 or so years ago are gold!

I was finding it odd that people had issue with Jim Wendler but not other big name trainers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Oh yea that guy sucks! I saw an episode on TV about that dude. The 4 hour chef! lol

There are people out there who are a gold mine of information and deserve money and some people who don't.

3. amathew

amathew Senior member

Let's not forget that Jim Wendler and the EFS sponsered lifters answer questions for free on the EFS website.

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/

I'm not drinking the Wendler kool aid as some of you would suggest, just pointing out that the guy is putting out worthwhile stuff.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I really like Wendler. Made some awesome progress on 5/3/1 and I have a friend who has been on 5/3/1 for 3 years plus and has nice lifts. He offeres a very simple template on how to get strong and it's also only an hour long workout

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wish this Aeron chair had slots to stick this knobbler in on the back rest. I would place like 2 on the thoracic spine and a few on my lower back, iw ould lean back into the knobbler all day and feel bliss.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

I like him too, I just think his followers are a bunch of brown nosing spastics. Obviously his style of writing helps him convince them to pay money for basic concepts.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

yea, i hear ya. I stole his book anyways

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

no one's debating the fact that wendler puts out worthwhile stuff; lifters just seem to forget he's not the second coming of jesus christ and whatever he writes is not the holy writ.

he's as much of a marketing genius as he is an accomplished lifter and coach. fuji said it best, his followers are usually dicktrees.

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I paid for 5/3/1 and i'm glad i did. I've also paid for Starting Strength and Enter the Kettlebell.

I like supporting people who provide me with the training protocols to help me achieve my goals.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

For some reason I have a hard time buying a PDF since it's so accessible. If it's in book form i snatch it up, like starting strength. I think it's because I reference books a lot more revisiting them

11. amathew

amathew Senior member

Same here. I was training at a powerlifting gym and my coach told me to buy it. Definitely worth it.

I might really start lifting heavy again. It's going to suck because I'm much weaker after 2-3 years away. Heck, all I could tweak out in squat the other day was 185 for 1 rep [​IMG]

12. amathew

amathew Senior member

It was available as a book via EFS 3 or so years ago. That's how I purchased it.

13. virus646

virus646 Senior member

I like Jim, don't like his training method but do like his choice of exercises (he made me try the safety-squat bar which is always a blast to use). Whatever, I don't understand all this hate against this dude and it seems I'm not going deep enough in the Internet as I don't see this glorifying thing that you guys seems to hate. As long as these guys follow good teaching from Jim rather than some other bullshit from Youtube, im fine with it :slayer:

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

only training books I've bought are Everetts olympic weightlifting and Dreschler's Weightlifting encyclopedia, of which Greg's book is 70% awesome and the latter a whole 100%.

15. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Had my adipower weightlifting shoes for a couple weeks now and they're awesome, love em. Oh yeah, pretty much do everything but squat in chucks too waddup.