1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Damn VLSI getting legit up in here. I'm also jealous that he was able to move into a house with a garage right after college.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How to calculate my daily caloric needs for my fat self that lays on the couch and plays video games all day ever day? Only time when I'm out and about is when I'm at the gym, going on my walks during off days, or running up hills after the gym, or going to Chipotle.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Those mats are 5x7, a bit bigger than standard, heavy as fuck. Of course I unloaded them right into my parking space... Garage was #1 requirement for the house. It's a nice house too though.

If you're already tracking your weight and current average calorie intake, you can get your tdee from there.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I want a garage so bad.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Im a machine fiend. If someone could make an all in one machine that let you do pulldowns, seated rows, rear delt flys and lateral raises off of maybe 2 sets of plates, I could do a home gym.

I just heard a rumor brahs. Is it true that gains off of dat dere are temporary? Everything I'm reading online is mixed. Thats a game changer. IF it's not permanent whats the point for someone who doesn't compete?

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

fuck if i know, but I just got my test looked at and it turns out my levels are actually pretty decent.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Always assumed once you went off the juice you would shrink down.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Don't know how much this helps you, but according to my Bodybugg, I burn about 2500 calories a day when I stay at home doing nothing except moving from couch to bed and cooking with maybe some stretching and mobility stuff thrown in. Add 150 calories for a 45 minute walk and 300 for a 1.5 hour lifting session (add it on top of the calories you would burn by doing nothing).

I'm 6'3, 180 lbs.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Bodybugg worth it? What do you when you get to work

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

From what i've read if you use gear to push your body past what it can naturally sustain then without the extra test you won't be able to hold onto it. If you use it to bring you to a naturally attainable level then your natural levels of test should be enough to keep the gains.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That works for me, sounds about right.

12. shinninglikeme

shinninglikeme Member

How much I want to start walking in early mornbing and or to join a gym. but at the end of the day my conviction towards health make s me take a rough walk of 15-20 minutes and not join a gym.

13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

this is on the same level as "muscle will just turn into fat when you stop working out"...

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

Ok the Haze situation is alot better now, but thanks to it I missed Leg day on Fri.

Upside is that I'm super well-rested and raring to go.

Hitting another gym to pull and goblet squat in 2 hours, can't wait.

15. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Yeah, this is a load of bullcrap.

16. fuji

fuji Senior member

From what i've read from hundreds of experienced users this is the consensus on what happens when you come off. The further you push yourself beyond what can be attained naturally the harder a time you will have keeping it when you're off.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

wtf is the device they use at 1:03 and where can i get one

18. wojt

wojt Senior member

lol
    i sometimes wonder if it's my inflated ego or it's that i'm not photogenic, I guess a little bit of both

19. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

holy fuck that's almost necropoast territory

20. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

It's called a tornado ball.