1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

No way that is true, want confirmation from elsewhere. If it is, crazy.

Anyway, I want wings. How to obtain big lats? I've been doing standard BB rows as per SS,but I know there are other variations out there, such as Yates and Pendlay. Is anyone better than the other?

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Struggling to finish almost half a costco rotisserie chicken with rice for lunch. Want to throw up or lay down but I am in the office. What a predicament

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Why do you feel the need to eat such a heavy lunch? I like small meals through the day and a big dinner.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Am personally a fan of the yates row, get good lat activation from it. Need to do some vertical pulling movements too, get on the pull up bar.

5. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Yeah I incorporate pullups/chins on certain days, and also use the lat pulldown machine. Will give the yates row a go next back day

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Pretty sure the RHET bro dream was in my gym today . Aesthetically skinny yet outlifted me and had a nice haircut and glasses.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

stopped in town to get some cheap headphones at Marshall's since I borked mine in the sand. found leather chuck highs for 40 bux, brb new lifting shoe. i can get over my dislike of chucks for all white leather hightops

1 person likes this.
  8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^same thing happened to me actually but i wanted to replace my gym shoes albeit some con hi's to some con lo's, .5 size smaller, which fits my feet much better without the slight heel slip

$30 bucks at Marshall's, last pair in my size...I felt so good scoring it.

I was about to drop 2x or 3x at any other retailer.

:slayer:

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Half a chicken in one sitting is nbd (even for my bitch ass). The whole thing is a bit of a challenge.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I think some type of sauce of side of vegetables would have helped the texture. Surprised the chicken was still moist from last night. Even the breast

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Loving all the food I get to eat now that I'm bulking.

Ate 1.5 lbs of mixed cuts of meat with veggies for lunch yesterday, rest day. My post workout meals are pretty beastly too. Usually go for two full bowls of cereals and milk as an appetizer for dat insulin spike and then make a huge serving of pasta, rice or potatoes with some kind of lean meat. I lift in the evening and eating all that afterwards makes sleeping a lot easier. Got so full the first time I could hardly move. Straight to the bed, lol.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I got fat. I've got gains but I've got fat. Going to cut but I'm so bad at it. I always sneak a few tablespoons of peanut butter or Nutella or cereal at night when I'm starving.

I'm writing here to say I'm going to be shredded in 10 weeks and I'm a man and I'm going to do what I say. Strict diet except for once every two weeks when I get a cheat meal and reevaluate performance the next day.

Feel free to call me out.

I'm going to feel like an idiot when I'm not drunk but here we go.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You can always go on myfitnesspal and make your diary public and post it here. That will keep you honest, assuming you're honest to yourself about logging it.

About to start a very strict diet myself. Haven't been seeing the fat loss I'd like with my guestimating, so it's time to dial the diet in perfect and remove that as a variable.

Also saw dude in gym tonight warming up and showing off his asian hip mobility genetics then proceeds to do half squats for his working sets. Such wasted potential for good squat form :fu:

14. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'm about to do the same. Tomorrow (sunday) im dialing in my macros and cooking for the whole week. Stick that shit in the freezer and could to go.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I'm fat now too but it's manageable fat. All just part of the game plan. I'm gonna keep bulking for a year or so until I have lean mass worth cutting for. Also have to address some symmetry issues.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Fuckin bought some cleats to help run this hill and first sprint I pushed off too hard and felt a burn in my hamstring. Was still able to reload squats yesterday but its tender. Guess I should have warmed up.

that gym didn't reply to my email. Guess my lifts were too low to lift with the team.. Cool

18. gort

gort Senior member

I liked that "I want to look like that guy" doc. Rolled my eyes at the guy being such a wuss when he got a little sick, though. I was surprised at how much he leaned out. Need to find a bod pod to climb into.

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

And got flooring :slayer:

[​IMG]

How's it getting from the garage floor to gym room floor... I haven't the slightest idea.

20. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Those horse stall mats are like 100lbs each and unwieldy as fuck. Bringing them home and moving them into place was a workout.