1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

I'm on stay cation renoing my bathroom and have been too knackered to go to the gym all week and probably wont make it next week either. I can feel the gains slipping through my fingers, my arms are withering away as I type.

To distract me help me set a bulking goal if I want to look like cavill (6'1", 210, mid-high teens bf% currently)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. Towers

Towers Well-Known Member

Because its super hard to find ones that match your purse.

3 people like this.
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Nope. Curious why you ask.

However, after every meet, I take about 8-10 weeks to just do a lot of volume. Nothing anywhere near my 1RM's at all. The progressive overload leading up to my meets are awesome for peaking but my joints need a break after such abuse heh

Also, around every 14-20 weeks of training, I'll take a week off. I usually just play it by feel. It's usually when my lifts start stalling and small injuries start to pop up.

Can't help them all :satisfied:

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Was just wondering. I use to deload every 4th week when I worked a 9-5 because I felt like I needed it. Now that I work from home and have the luxury of sleeping 12 hours every night and mobbing during the day I don't usually feel like I need it every 4th week. Thinking about skipping it this time and going against the Wendler, silly but when I stop over analyzing things and just follow whats in 5/3/1 for powerlifting the better I do, so I'm hesitant to take it out.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I've used it for closed grip bench and seated military/strict press before. Also there is the crazy leg press thing people do on the smith where you lay your back on the bench and put your feet on the bar to do a leg press motion.

6. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

nice, thanks. great idea on the leg press, and i was thinking as much on the shoulder presses. gonna go pick it up tomorrow

hahahahha fucking lol

u da man

1 person likes this.
  8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Or just flip it to buy real equipment. Who makes it?

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

yeah i do realize how dismissive such comments are but i was trying to find the upside (which, knowing me I failed at).

10. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

nah man u nailed it, i spend too much time getting riled up over ***metabolism*** when i should just be enjoying the food

nautilus. i think i want it more for the two plate-loaded pulley systems than the actual smith part itself. funny thing is the ad had the smith machine, a junk bench, and a few bars listed for the asking price. seemed like an good deal for the cost, so i inquired about it and she said "oh yeah there are some plates i will throw in too." by "some plates" she meant 400lbs, lol. done done done.

11. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

You don't need gloves, but if that's your preference then go for it. I found they make it harder to grip the bar properly and dulls the feedback .

Chalk will help your grip immensely, but if you're holding the bar wrong you'll still get calluses.

Basics of bar grip:

12. mrchariybrown

To be honest, people really tend to over think the deload thing and sometimes I see people doing it too often. Every 4th week is definitely too much imo.

Go forth and train hard, young padawan.

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

I do smith rows and rack pulls at the end of my workout sort of as a burn out to maintain proper form that I probably at that point wouldn't be able to maintain doing them with a barbell. That's all I can really think of tbh.

14. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Heavy shrugs maybe?

15. Coldsnap

Will do! First meet in September. Loaded a squat weight I've never done before Friday and did it four times, excited to start adding singles and tripples about 8 weeks out from meet.

16. mrchariybrown

Nice. Full power? What weight class, fed, and division?

17. mrchariybrown

Alright, let's just talk about how impressive Daniel Green is.. First he breaks the 242 raw w/ wraps records on May 19th with a 2,160.5 total.. And then less than two months later, this prick (prick in the most envious, praising kind of way), travels to a different hemisphere and decides to break his own record again with a 2,171 total. Also.. can we talk about how that 843 squat looked like a joke? Don't forget he also holds the 220's total WR too. This guy is an animal. (I hope he's okay with me coming for all of his records.. :fence:) 2,160.5 total - May 19th 843 3rd attempt squat from 2,171 total - June 15th 865 4th attempt squat MISS - June 15th 518 3rd attempt bench from 2,171 total - June 15th 810 pound 2nd attempt deadlift - no video yet But here's a picture of his deadlift. Massive legs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  18. Coldsnap

Uh-Oh, went on powerlifting watch and it looks like the meet was taken down. Hmm. Might have been cancelled. Oh-well there's another meet in november -

"West Cary Barbell presents the…
    2013 Fall Festival of Power
    November 2, 2013
    Herb Young Community Center, Kay Yao Court
    101 Wilkinson Ave.
    Cary, NC 27513
    Meet Info and Entry Form coming soon."

That should be fun because a lot of the people in my gym are going to that.

19. Coldsnap

Dan Green is awesome, was he always a powerlifter or came out of something weird like arm wrestling? Guys who writes my diet has Dan Green as a client

[​IMG]

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Man that dude is a house. Lean too