1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think that has a lot to do with glycemic index of food. Processed stuff will make your blood sugar levels rise much more than whole foods, I'm sure you know this. I'm no scientists but insulin is a crazy strong growth hormone and as a result it's a great thing to have going on post workout.

It's weird. When I started to try and diet right (think like 6-7 months ago) my off days where I had 0 carbs would destroy me, especially on the Saturday + Sunday. Now my body is use to it and I can definitely tell that my insulin sensitivity is much better but then I spike that shit post workout and feel great. I've been able to bulk 40lbs while eating 0 carbs 3 days out of the week, so that probably says something.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fat Jewish brah bought fat grips but being a Manlet a normal bar is basically a fat grip. Using them, can only get 4 chin ups. Someone in the gym wearing a misc shirt might ask if aware

1 person likes this.
  3. Eason

Eason Senior member

Ask him if he's aware. If he is, the correct response should be "stay safe OP"

1 person likes this.
  4. concealed

concealed Senior member

Please..... stay safe!

5. Crat

Crat Senior member

500g pasta
    400g shredded chicken (Thanks Jarude/Coldsnap(?))
    roast walnuts
    BBQ grilled veggies
    1 unfocussed camera

One meal a day aint hard : )

[​IMG]

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Damn you really ate all that in one sitting???

*EDIT* Thinking about it it is doable. For some reason I translated 400g into 4lbs. I do about 600-700g of chicken in one sitting, and then follow that up with about 300-400g of carbs and another 70-80g of whey

Looks good though

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

500g pasta is no joke, that shit is filling as fuck

8. Crat

Crat Senior member

Yeah, takes some time (approx. 1 movie) to horse that sh*t down but then again IF messes up your sense of portion size.

242lbs paused bench felt relatively easy today; making progress : )

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

murica

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If crashing your metabolism is a thing then why isn't have a fast/slow metabolism?

11. Crat

Crat Senior member

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I read about crashing your metabolism by eating way too little. Every time someone claims they have a slow metabolism though, people call bs. Why?

1 person likes this.
  13. Crat

Crat Senior member

You mean that it slows down when you eat way too little? Like when non-fat ppl do PSMF for too long?
    I think ppl call BS because:

A) Many fat ppl with regular metabolisms claim to have a slow one just as an excuse (The girl who cried wolf....) ,

B) Even ppl with slow metabolisms can drop weight if they eat below maintenance.

Not sure if the latter is actually the case btw but I think thats how many ppl see it.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

p much... "Slow" implies a permanent metabolic state and is usually accompanied by an excuse. "Crashed" is more of a diagnosis and indicates a concrete course of action to be taken from that point.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

On that pulled chicken note, pork loin went on sale for 1$/lb here. Copped 30lbs for 30 bux, my freezer looks like a piggie morgue.

1 person likes this.
  16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

welp I accidentally hit 200lbs I guess. Weighed 195lbs saturday and decided to up my protein meals by 1oz, figured it wouldn't do anything because I switched from walking for 45 mins to running hills. Didn't weigh myself all week and weighed myself tonight and was 200lbs.

17. APK

APK Senior member

All right, man, let's see some pics. 200 pounds at 5'7" or whatever and "16 percent" BF has gotta have you looking mighty impressive.

1 person likes this.
  18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea lol not really. Pretty sure 16 plus prevent bf is considered obese here

19. APK

APK Senior member

You're a good sport, if nothing else, man.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Hmm maybe in a little bit. Still a bit self conscious about the lack of chesticles. But they filling out as my bench goes up