1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

My friend use to wear like old school life guard trunks to the gym, he said the nylon offers more compression than other workout stuff.. he was an awesome squatter and deadlifter

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

they have colored plackets. ruins the whole look.

3. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

eat to live, not live to eat

16oz spinach, 4 heads of broccoli, 10 large carrots, 2 bunches of celery and a bag of raspberries

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

Why on earth would you do this? Does that slop actually taste good?

Leg day: Calves to failure on the leg sled, 2x6 box squat at 1.5xBW, 20 rep burn out at BW, leg curls past failure, almost didn't make it to the car

5. APK

APK Distinguished Member

Spinach and moderate amounts of broccoli take on a fairly neutral taste once you've put them through the blender or food processor. Pretty much the only way I can ensure I'll eat enough vegetables daily.

6. Coldsnap

oh gawd i almost barfed looking at that picture, doesn't help I'm about 400 grams of carbs in my belly. I can eat plain ass vegtables cooked in the microwave for 2 mins, that's how I eat most of it.

7. smashwindow

smashwindow Distinguished Member

Great have gained 6 lbs since backloading, maybe this isn't for me...

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Embrace the bulk....

Also, hit 295 for bench today. Will try 300 for the first time next week. :slayer:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Hit a bench PR today too.

305 for 3 sets of 3, paused.

Then 225 x 18.

10. smashwindow

Competitive rock climber, the last thing I wanna do is bulk. Maybe its the nature of SS very little gym time, very lifting until failure for reps that is making this not work.

11. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

i get my daily vegetable intake in 30 seconds, that's why i do it. and it does taste pretty good for what it is, but i like raw greens. the key is celery - it complements the taste of berries really well. i love eating salad and veggies and all that stuff, but its a pain in the ass to prepare daily. eating raw greens is pretty time-consuming and leaves you bloated, too - try eating a raw head of broccoli sometime with enough water to wash it down and see how you feel afterwards.

yeah for sure. even liking vegetables doesn't always translate into a consistent intake of them - with the blender, im getting a solid dose of alkalinity at least 5 days a week. gut feels better, more energy, better gainzzz. high-powered blender = best life choice in awhile.

12. Coldsnap

6 lbs gained - the seven you lost on the prep phase? I gained a pound and 1/2 on back loading so far, only 1 week in, skipped the prep phase. I feel flatter, although there is no way to tell this early in the stage.

13. smashwindow

plus I feel shitty all the time, gaseous and my poop is not of a consistency to my liking, I need my healthy carbs and fiber back. Might be tmi but this is a health thread.

14. Coldsnap

Aww don't be a baby. You should try carb night? Carb backloading is more for power lifters. A lot of people who compete in body weight sports do carb night

15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

Meh I just don't eat vegetables. Maybe I should get in on this juicing shit. I like having bad shits because then I'm in the bathroom more frequently and longer at work = more phone time.