1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

as long as you put a bit of oil in there it will be fine.

But I would definitely prefer to use thighs or wings or drumsticks.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

I did some for a few hours and they turned into pulled chicken pretty nicely

3. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^Yup, makes for some good chicken salads or even a quick pulled chicken for sandwiches or wraps

As long as you have a liquid like a broth or wine in there the chicken breast stays incredibly tender. I only say chicken breast since that's more common and seems like it's what people prefer. I rather go thighs myself.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just bought a slow cooker this weekend. What else do I add besides chicken and veggies?

5. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I think the best damn dish I've ever made in the crock pot / slow cooker is oxtails. Ok need to leave this thread.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Got my dreaded 2-mile run coming up this weekend. Godddd this is gonna suck.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Try crock pot with ox tail, some beer, and rock sugar

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

My mom makes a mean chicken stew. She just leaves the pot on the range all day on low. Chicken falls off the bone.

I def need that swimming guide. Went to the new gym pool, I didn't even do 1 lap before the lifeguard came over in anticipation of drownage. When I kick off and just keep my arms out I am good. But once I throw arms in the mix my kick rhythm gets thrown off and it all just goes to shit. It doesnt help that I'm dense as fuck and hover about a foot below the surface if I dead man float. So I kind of have to thrast and struggle just to skim the surface. I NEED HELP!!!! But at least I'm mobile now. I can go for 20 meters w/o stopping

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Short version is you're probably tensing up too much and losing optimal body position but I'll get more into detail later

Practice front glide/side glide on a flutterboard in the meantime, making sure to keep your chin tucked in both positions so your body stays horizontal in the water

Front glide = facedown, arms extended
    Side glide = sideways, mouth just clear of water, arm in water extended to Flutterboard and opposite arm down at your side; roll slightly towards back to ensure you're able to breathe instead of moving your head

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  10. APK

APK Senior member

Dijion mustard, olive oil, chopped garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper mixed together make for a nice dressing over a pile of chicken and greens. Breath is KICKING right now, though.

1 person likes this.
  11. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Buy/pirate a Total Immersion DVD. Maybe there are Youtube vids too, i dunno.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I think Intermittent Fasting has screwed up my sense of big servings and appetite.

Tried the two pre workout meals setup for the first time today. Ate approx 30% of my daily intake in two small meals a couple of hours before lifting.
    Did my workout and came home starving, with only two hours left of the feeding window with 2500 calories left (70%).
    Surprisingly got it all down in two meals, easily. Was clean food too, chicken with rice, whole grain bread and oatmeal. I don't think I can ever go back to eating like normal people again or I would turn fat in an instant.

1 person likes this.
  13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

sounds great.

That's pretty much my regular salad dressing except with whole grain mustard seed and balsamic vinegar

14. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

If it's not one thing, it's another.... just about to get back into a schedule and I tear a good 3cm long piece of skin off my thumb during a 120kg clean complex today. The biggest flapper I've ever seen, pretty grotesque. Guess I won't be pulling anything heavy for yet another week. :fu:

15. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

lol this barely qualifies as a run.

I realized I actually have been doing a pseudo-IF without all the crazy religious meal timing bullshit. I naturally have huge breakfast and dinners and light lunches, because anything I ever want to eat for lunch is way too involved to bring to work. It works out nicely, though some days I definitely feel hungry before dinnertime.

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Tried running today...made it 1.5 miles before wanting to die. To be fair though I deadlifted this morning and it was like 80 degrees out.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

if you just want to pass those 2 mile runs it's mainly about pushing yourself mentally.

You have to go for a few runs to get used to telling your lungs to shut the fuck up.

2 people like this.
  18. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Just focus on cadence when running. You seem like the kind of guy that a constant "1-2-3-4" would help when running. Also don't use a treadmill if possible, those things are fucking evil.

1 person likes this.
  19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I think the problem is I find it so boring that I try to speed up the process by going faster...then get worn out quickly. :(

1 person likes this.
  20. jarude

jarude Senior member

huh, 1680lbs of dumbbells / pairs of 15-90lb for sale for 350. ridiculous, too bad i dont have space for 1680lb of dumbbells.

edit: fuck it, doing it anyways, fingers crossed

2 people like this.