1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

yeah TK you pretty much have to now, otherwise you're dead to me

2 people like this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Went out with my friend that I haven't seen in two months. He said I was getting small and my pecs looked a lot smaller. I slammed my beer and ran home crying. :freeze:

Not really tho. It was probably the shirt I was wearing. But I know I'm DYEL mode ffs

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I think I wont bulk to 215.. Looked into a mirror yesterday and actually liked where my physique was at for the first time since I started lifting. Not sure if I want to deal with another 6 months of not caring what I look like / being fat.

I ended up getting 5 lbs of grassfed beef chuck. Pan seared it then threw it in a crock pot with pan seared carrots, yams, onions, and some other tuber that slipped my mind. I'm fuckin hungry

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

This is a rib tattoo waiting to happen.

5. AKang

AKang Senior member

I just made 8 separate tupperware meals that'll last me 2 days. Just wondering how many meals you guys prepare in advance?

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I pretty much cook all day sunday. Lasts me until friday, that and chipotle.

1 person likes this.
  7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Remember to use glass containers and take off the plastic lid when microwaving

8. AKang

AKang Senior member

why glass container?

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, i dont fuck with plastic anything.

10. milosh

milosh Senior member

I changed my gym today and I'm pretty happy actually. It has a really nice squat cage(compared to my old gym at least), a place to deadlift and I pay about 8 euros less a month. A potentially massive benefit is that there's a butcher's shop a street away from it that grills what you buy for free and you can order by phone.

The only downside is that it takes me about 35 minutes to get there as opposed to 5.

1 person likes this.
  11. Khayembii Communique

Test smashed, no idea how I did. Did I post since then? I don't even remember.

Went 2-2 on our first night of vball, it was freezing and we never played together so overall not bad. Time to get back to the gym, gonna run RFL for a week or two to get back into the swing of things.

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

i finally found the answer to the cottage cheese dilemma: PB2. threw it in there on a whim and wow what a difference. 1g fat/6g carb/4g protein per serving too, strong macros.

swimming starts today. not quite as lean as i'd like to be but good god do i have enough LISS cardio ahead to get shredded without any real effort. have to find a difference between leanness and lifts not tanking

i suppose i should finish the swimming guide...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  13. Flame

Flame Senior member

yeah you should.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Take your time on swimming guide, just focus on my routine :nest:

Also, I tried pb2 in Greek yogurt once. Was gross.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Eason

Eason Senior member

Got 145 for 7 reps today on overhead press. 7th rep my whole body was shaking so badly it looked like I was twerkin'.

16. concealed

concealed Senior member

depends how ambitious i am feeling, minimum 6 meals (I eat 2 big meals per day).

17. Khayembii Communique

I used to prep my meals for the entire week. I got out of that habit and then just started eating out, so I'm trying to get back into the swing of pre-cooking food. Since I'm doing RFL for the next week or two I'm hoping it'll be easy.

18. APK

APK Senior member

Doing some prep work goes a long way in terms of not finding ways to justify eating out. Lot less likely to stop somewhere on the way home from the gym if you know you've got some prepared meat in the fridge and some chopped ingredients that just need to be tossed in a pan for a few minutes.

19. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

This is why I love crock pots. Do light prep the night before, dump everything into the crock pot, set on low for 8 hours and by the time you get back home after work and the gym you got a hot meal that actually tastes good and fits all needs.

Chicken breast, garlic, onions + leeks + carrots (or whatever veggies of your choice) some chicken broth or beef broth, little red wine, salt + pepper and you got a fuckin fantastic meal.

Damn... now I'm hungry. 6 hours to go.

20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

you shouldn't be cooking chicken breasts for 8 hours in a crockpot