1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

hendrix why are you so pissy all the time? who even gives a single fuck whether actors use PEDs or not? or anyone for that matter

2 people like this.
  2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I don't really care, I just don't get the attitude that you have to take steroids if you're a slightly buff actor because your career depends on you being relatively fit.

It's a shitty excuse for being fat and shitty logic.

Not everyone takes shortcuts.

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Where the fuck is all your Swedish melodic death metal and Norwegian black metal? You disgust me.

4. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Jeeeez what did I start here?

5. Crat

Crat Senior member

New guy at my gym yesterday deadlifting 200kg for 7-8 reps. Big guy but not bulky at all; he looked pretty lean. These last few pages now have me wondering if he's on something or not.

What did you do on your cut? Keto?

Since I switched from RPT to Sheiko (high volume) I'm much more hungry all the time. Seems like I might be joining the fat side after all :(

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Drugs are in Hollywood and stars use them. Wake up.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

50 new RHET posts in one night. Must be a bitch fest.

Yep.

4 people like this.
  8. jarude

jarude Senior member

:laugh: In light of this I listened to amon amarth this morning instead. Forgive me metalbrah, for I have sinned

1 person likes this.
  9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

/discussion

10. Towers

Towers Senior member

Pretty safe to assume anyone with more than two plates on the bar is at least on a d-bol a day diet.

But I want to feel morally superior about my comparatively doughy figure and tiny numbers!!

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

I generally dislike quoting wendler/tate/et al but there was a quote from one of them which more or less stated that the reason people are bigger and stronger or farther along than you is because they work harder and are more consistent and dedicated. I personally don't think gear is necessary for the large majority of lifters and its legit use is necessitated by context, but FFS stop taking away from the accomplishments of other people regardless of what they're on.

This isn't close to being on the same scale, but there are two chronically unhealthy and overweight albeit financially successful and bright dudes in my social circle. Them and their entire family have decided that my genetics are solely responsible for my strength and body comp accomplishments. Yes, because my genes put the food on the scale and consistently applied an appropriate level of progressive overload in a strength programming unique to my needs. Fat fuckers. Rustles my jimmies when people's internal locus of control conveniently is only responsible for things they have a natural affinity for, whereas everything they are comparatively lacking in is purely external. Horseshit.

6 people like this.
  12. Crat

Crat Senior member

ftfy

Ah yes Towers, thats what I suspected.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Might be a douchey response...but I've developed my cookie-cutter response for anyone who comments on my "genetics" for my reason for success in anything(academics, physique, whatever):

"Wasn't aware they isolated a gene for being hard-working"

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    6 people like this.
  14. mrchariybrown

That's a good one.

I usually just got with.. "u mad, beta?"

3 people like this.
  15. jarude

jarude Senior member

I just smile and nod, its not worth rustling jimmies over... It falls into the "shit that is vaguely and tangentially related to fitness that you will slam your head against the wall in frustration over if you try to have a conversation about it" category.

2 people like this.
  16. Eason

Eason Senior member

Worked up to 275 today on bench, feels good man.

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

Doing easy triples with 180kg on on deads after not pulling for 6 weeks. Quite happy with that, didn't loose any strength, and i'm pound for pound a bit stronger even without lifting.

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I want to delete all my subscriptions here except for RHET, the athletic broads thread, and the WYHI thread.

19. mrchariybrown

I don't venture out of RHET and the TOJ thread.

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.