1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Is Kunk secretly the strongest du on forum?

2. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

i want to bet that charly is

3. deadly7

deadly7 Distinguished Member

I've been taking weight off my squats to try and fix form and I feel like I'm just going backwards. Will randomly stop doing stuff like pushing knees out or rising with hips because I'm focusing on making sure everything else is right. I know unlearning bad habits takes a long time, but this is frustrating as fuck. /end rant

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

What were your symptoms? I'm seeing a physio monday.

5. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Distinguished Member

I think we have actually discussed this and agreed that you had different issues than me. I have pain in my groin, its very deep. Hurts when I do any lower body work that compresses my leg into my chest (think squats for example). Cant run on it, can only walk for long periods of time if I am wearing supportive shoes. Hurts most in the morning and at night.

6. Coldsnap

shoulder feels better today after an overhead press workout than it has in 8 months. Also had a PR during that working. Whatever I'm doing is werkin

7. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Distinguished Member

In other news, I had a meeting with a chiro today about my neck pain. I think chiros are BS but I got a free examination and massage so I figured what the heck. Guy said my neck is pitched forward, probably related to my work set-up (which I agree with). His suggested approach (besides seeing him for like 30 sessions and giving him a ton of $$$) was for me to spend 10 minutes each night hanging my head off the foot of my bed. I get this intuition but I am guessing this is some chiro BS. Thoughts? I am obviously not going back to him but would entertain doing the neck bed thing.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

How do you guys transition off a bulk into a hard cut? I heard if you just drop your cals straight off you can lose a lot of gains. Eat at maintenance for a month or something?

9. Coldsnap

yea fuck most chiros. There's a ton of stuff on Eric Cressey Assess and Correct DVD about a forward tilting head. Wall chin tuck is the first progression, i forgot what's after. You can test if you actually do have a forward head posture yourself; go up to a wall with your back facing it, place your feet about a feet and a half away from the wall, lay back and touch your but to the wall then shoulders, is your neck touching the wall? If it is your neck is in a good position, if not you got a forward tilting mellon.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

10. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

I remember reading some number Kunk posted up back when he was juicing. He was pretty impressive, but was up to like 260 bodyweight or so as well. He's cut down a ton now

11. Coldsnap

i think there needs to be a weightlifting comp between kunk and charly, of course in all Rick.

12. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Have a vague recollection of kunks numbers, pretty certain chariy would have a higher wilks total if not a higher total. Gonna kop that lever belt, will be so much more convenient on speed work.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Most people I have heard said it's a good idea to hold the weight(aka maintain) for a month or two first. That's how I did it last year and it worked alright, and I plan on doing it again this year. Maintaining 210 till January's gonna be a bitch though.

14. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Distinguished Member

15. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

Found an old post from 2010

Charly probably has him in squats, think Kunk has a back injury and just does light stuff now anyways.