Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I dunno man, im 2-3lb away from being 200, and i would have thought im a few percent away from 20% BF so thats a good 160 lean mass, and i started with 120 if im lucky. I've thought abotu and researched test pretty thoroughly, not something i want to jump into right at the moment as i feel it would be more out of impatience than necessity.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

200lb guy with 20% bf and a 145lb bench thoroughly researching test while also repeatedly complaining about a lack of progression and simultaneously insisting they do not need any form of coaching. are you an elaborate troll?

3. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

For real man I weigh 182 at 6'1 and all my numbers are significantly higher *and I know I'm doing a shit job* since my goal is keeping my weight, lean or otherwise low.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

stinger needs to spend less time on forums and more time in the gym

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I dont really get your point from this post. You've listed my stats and claimed that im trolling. I'm one of the few people who has actually worked out for long enough and ate enough to go from skinny to almost looking like i lift. Are you saying my stats have been exaggerated? Also where are your pictures, it would be interesting to know who i am receiving advice/criticism from.

I know because arnold trained 4-5 hours a day right? maybe thats where im going wrong.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

you can search this thread for shirtless pictures of me from months ago. while you're at it, re-read my previous post directed at you which you've overlooked.

you can be a smartass all you want, but at the end of the day you're still weak and skinnyfat. if you'd prefer to continue being weak and looking like shit while insulting people who are guiding you in a direction that could only possibly result in you becoming stronger and more aesthetic, then go right ahead. no skin off my back.

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

No, this is why:

You complain about injuries, you are weak, you complain about injuries, you continue to be weak. You don't listen to a word of advice. You continue to be weak. You say you've "researched" test.

You squat less than I bench, and I have a terrible bench.

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

But nobody has given me any advice apart from eat more and lift heavy, which i've followed and put about 65lbs on my frame, 7 inches on my chest, 7 inches on each leg and 4 inches on each arm. Yet you all still bash me and say im not listening to advice. I get injured a lot because my body and posture is fucked from years of doing nothing, and i always push my limits with my training, often too far that i end up getting injured and have to back off a bit. But surely thats better than going too light and taking it easy all the time. While i am very displeased with my physique and am not posting this to make out that im aesthetic, here is a recent back picture that shows im probably not as fat as you seem to have decided i am.

[​IMG]

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Oh, didnt see you edited that post, i`ll go read it now.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

you incessantly complain about how weak you are, to which i responded "get a coach." a lot of other people echoed this recommendation. you then used some convoluted logic that has nothing to do with anything to explain why you would not benefit from coaching. that is why you are not listening.

as simply as i can possibly make it:

option one: hire a good coach, don't think, bust your ass for a year

option two: don't hire a coach, and stop complaining

i dont really have anything else to say about this so yeah.

11. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I agree, if you are 200lbs and have a 145lbs benchpress, you probably have technique issues that someone who knows what they are doing can help with. Obviously you have tried and failed at fixing it yourself. There are not many options here.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

Stinger:

making progress, getting injured, rinse repeat, isn't a good way to train.

I know people who "push the limits" and don't have setbacks - hmm, what is it they are doing that you are not?

If you'r posture is fucked, your goal should be to fix it, not to continue lifting. Let's say you squat to parallel and your back is rounded. Over and over and over again you do this.

You get injured, you back off. You go back to squatting.

How does this make sense?

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Ok, but the guy i mentioned has the aesthetics that i want, so how can you discount him as a good coach? If he doesnt need deadlifts to look like that, why would i? Regardless, there are no coaches like you mention where i live, as im sure Fuji will agree as he lives not that far from me. The $300 isnt a problem and i definitley wouldnt need to save up for it, not sure what made you come up with that straw man.

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Because each time you learn something? I injured my SI joint squatting for an unknown reason, once i worked out what it was i disregarded it, and now its fine. Shoulder i learnt to keep my scapular retracted at all times on pressing movements, and now its improving.