1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Any recs for a decent, inexpensive food scale?

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I started cooking to hit my macros.

You don't need expensive ingredients, just decent skills.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I eat plain ass chicken and broccoli like 80% of my meals. I'll eat fun stuff after working out, but as far as Monday - Friday the bulk of my meals is just that. Don't care about fancy stuff anymore, just give me straight food and I'll eat it.

4. The Rural Juror

The Rural Juror Senior member

Yesterday at the gym, I picked up two different weight dumbbells by accident. While I was putting one back I guess I lost my focus and pinched the my finger on the rack under the barbell. It made a cracking noise and hurt like hell. Spent the evening in the emergency room, now the tip is broken and in a splint. It's a bad design of the barbell rack (several people have mentioned it), but really I just need to pay more attention.

Will probably stick to cardio for at least the next two weeks, which is a shame because I was getting into a pretty good 3x/week lifting groove that I've been pursuing.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think you mean dumbbell.. but that sucks.

I've pinched my finger between dumbbell/rack, barbell/rack, plates.. a few times.. shit sucks.

I've never broken anything though. Just blood blisters and shit like that.

My friend clipped his hand between two dumbbells once.. ended up getting 13 stitches

6. The Rural Juror

The Rural Juror Senior member

Yes, dumbbell (fixed it). I constantly make this mistake even when thinking about it.

I told my coworker who is an older jock. He said he's broken pretty much all of his fingers (mostly through wrestling). Not too long ago, he broke his finger after falling down some stairs. He just popped it back into place, but couldn't really move it for at least a month. His hands look pretty fucked up. He was admiring and apparently coveting my splint.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Of course you don't "need" fancy ingredients, but any decent cook will agree that it makes cooking more fun and can bring a lot of life and flavor to very simple dishes.

I prefer most of my meals to be pretty raw and pure in the way they taste and in that case, good ingredients def matter. For example, I made a complicated 10 hour slow cooked pork dish with lots of ingredients once but I prefer a good raw salad a regular beef over it.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Speaking of water, my tap water filtration system broke. I'm just going to start drinking tap water, fuck it. Read the city water report around here and it's not that bad, maybe I will boil it first in my 3 gallon boiler that I use for tea.

9. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I know this feel. I live in California and a couple of my closest friends are restaurant folk. The entire process of getting food from the farm to your hands is quite interesting and you kind of learn about how industrialized farming fucks up beautiful and natural flavors (not to mention all the usual propaganda anti-GMO groups are trying to spread).

Every now and then I'll splurge on ingredients and spend hours putting together meals for the day, but it gets tiresome and sometimes you just want to smash macros down your gullet without having to think about anything or do any work.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

11. GraphicNovelty

Yo Cali RHET brahs gonna be in Orange/LA Thurs-Tues anyone gonna be around?

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

This CFA exam is just absolutely killing me. Lack of any experience with accounting is making studying for this particularly difficult, ugh. Cramming for the next two weeks straight, relevant to thread because my mental health is in question. Also, going to the gym tonight, there.

13. GraphicNovelty

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Call jet :foo:

15. GraphicNovelty

Sorry I want to hang out with people that actually lift.

3 people like this.
  16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Good luck with that. At least 2 years of my social life disappeared due to that shit.

17. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, while I do enjoy cooking and all things related to food, I tend to feel a bit of guilt after spending so much time and money on it that could've been spent elsewhere (studying, for example [​IMG]). Every now and then I just go ahead and eat the same meal for a couple of days in row for a break.

18. Khayembii Communique

Hah pretty much. I have the Kaplan videos and I'm just listening to them at work all day and in my car. On my lunch break I'm doing question sets and when I get home I read the books and do questions. My scores are improving but the questions are tedious as fuck.

19. concealed

concealed Senior member

Level 1? Focus on Financial Reporting and Ethics. Do a full practice test this weekend, its most important to be familiar with the question structure. Take a few sick days off work if you can. Spending an hour at the gym is a great way to break up a 10 hour study day.

20. Khayembii Communique

I've been focusing on FinRep a ton. I'm having trouble remembering what falls under CFO, CFF and CFI (and the differences between GAAP and IFRS), and also how certain adjustments flow through the various statements (i.e. the impact on the three statements of an operating vs. capital lease).

Econ isn't too tough because I was an econ major and ethics I've been studying a lot and am getting pretty confident about. Quant is simple I just have to review it. I already bombed the Kaplan practice exam because their question bank questions are magnitudes easier, which sucks. I just got access to old exams though which has harder questions and is helpful.