1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

body is hungry every 3 hrs. I tried 3-4 meals and did not as as good of as an outcome plus you want a more constant supply of protein in the blood stream. the less you eat the more you have to take in of protein per meal. Your body will only consumer so much protein into the blood stream so when you eat more then 30grams of protein per serving it just shits it out. In a more drawn out diet you have better chance for protein uptake into the blood stream and better chance of muscle growth.
    Both Alan Aragon and Lyle McDonald have written extensively about this topic. Look at this link below for an article by Aragon, for example. http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/ As he points out, studies do not support the 20-30g per serving "theory." If it is easier for you to manage your macros, by all means do it. But I don't believe it is necessary. By the way, there seems to be research now that says that doing fewer meals is actually better for blood glucose control. See the link below on Martin Berkhan's website. The claim by the brosephs that you need to eat every 2-3 hours to maintain your blood sugar levels is just bunk, it would appear. http://www.leangains.com/2011/01/bet...ower-meal.html

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

body is hungry every 3 hrs. I tried 3-4 meals and did not as as good of as an outcome plus you want a more constant supply of protein in the blood stream. the less you eat the more you have to take in of protein per meal. Your body will only consumer so much protein into the blood stream so when you eat more then 30grams of protein per serving it just shits it out. In a more drawn out diet you have better chance for protein uptake into the blood stream and better chance of muscle growth.

dont start this, seriously

3. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

dont start this, seriously

why not?

4. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

Both Alan Aragon and Lyle McDonald have written extensively about this topic. Look at this link below for an article by Aragon, for example.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

As he points out, studies do not support the 20-30g per serving "theory."

If it is easier for you to manage your macros, by all means do it. But I don't believe it is necessary.

By the way, there seems to be research now that says that doing fewer meals is actually better for blood glucose control. See the link below on Martin Berkhan's website. The claim by the brosephs that you need to eat every 2-3 hours to maintain your blood sugar levels is just bunk, it would appear.

http://www.leangains.com/2011/01/bet...ower-meal.html

MY BODY GETS HUNGRY EVERY 2.5-3.5 HRS....nothing I can do about it.

5. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Thats fine, just don't mention the 30g/sitting thing, which has been debunked.

Generally, do what your body tells you to do

6. virus646

virus646 Senior member

why not?

just don't, trust us [​IMG]

7. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

i used to try really hard... now i just loosely follow paleo/lowcarb and climb a shit ton and do opposition muscles 2-3 times a week. keeps me at rougly 10% bf and i dont feel like im trying very hard to be in shape.

8. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

5 pounds short of 200 right now. Once I get there I am going to try to maintain/leaning out a bit.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

My doctors recommended I stop taking creatine for a month to see if it effects my aggression. Is there any logic to this? I don't really know much about creatine other then it increases water retention, don't really believe it has anything to do with aggression. I'm kind of unwilling to stop using it because of how quickly I started putting on weight and increasing my lifts when I started it. I don't exactly think creatine is causing roid rage or anything.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

I don't think creatine in itself has any psychiatric effects. I don't remember my biochem all that well, but the only proven function is supply skeletal muscles with ATP through the transfer of the terminal phosphate group. Much of the other side effects have largely been debated, and psychiatric one has not been mentioned.

Although may be you are working out more, increase thyroid hormone production, testosterone production could probably cause this?

11. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

My doctors recommended I stop taking creatine for a month to see if it effects my aggression. Is there any logic to this? I don't really know much about creatine other then it increases water retention, don't really believe it has anything to do with aggression. I'm kind of unwilling to stop using it because of how quickly I started putting on weight and increasing my lifts when I started it. I don't exactly think creatine is causing roid rage or anything.

While google searches are sometimes misleading, there seem to be a fair bit of anecdotal evidence of creatine sometimes leading to aggression, mood swings and general crankiness. Maybe your doctor's suggestion is not a bad one - it's an easy experiment to run and you can always get back on if you get a null result.

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Ditch it for kicks, but the internet returns aggression and mood swings for salt and sugar, too.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

cognitive therapy + get your anger out in the gym. "feeling good" by david burns is a good book on the topic. teaches you to reason your way through things, eventually it becomes habit.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i've actually been reading feelin good. it's a good read

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

for sure. its targetted at depression, but if you apply cognitive therapy to pretty much any area of your life you can benefit. good stuff.

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

for sure. its targetted at depression, but if you apply cognitive therapy to pretty much any area of your life you can benefit. good stuff.

this many times +1

i feel like its a good read for non depressed ppl as well as it helps you deal with other people's aggession, internal anxiety, and other things that affect your mental stability

17. Prada_Ferragamo

Day off today. My diet consisted of beef spare ribs, home made pan fried turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn with butter. Felt good.

18. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Devoured an entire box of Cheerios yesterday... talk about bloating, I was ready to explode [​IMG]

Guess it was worthwhile though, pulled a DL PR today @ easy 358 lbs

19. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Devoured an entire box of Cheerios yesterday... talk about bloating, I was ready to explode [​IMG]

Guess it was worthwhile though, pulled a DL PR today @ easy 358 lbs

Go get'em tiger! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just think if it had been Frosted Flakes.

[​IMG]

20. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I love reading the posts of everyone's sunday/cheat day meals.

Mine was 1/2 chicken gyro pita, more garlic bread than i should have eaten, pizza, sausage&peppers w/ some spaghetti. [​IMG]