Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. knucks

knucks Senior member

How do you know you are not getting glute activation? Have you ever posted a video of your squat? I forgets

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

And yes, 45* straight leg is fucking awful, but let me ask you this

if youre sitting and your legs are out in front, straight, can you touch your toes? what about if youre standing and you bend down?

more often than not its not a hamstring issue

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Tried both and came 4 inches short with legs straight and kness completely locked out.
    I can touch the toes if I stretch for a good while or if someone pushes me down but it hurts a lot.

How do I improve? I already do full body stretches 2x per day.

4. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Thought i would try ZMA for the sleep benefits. Been on it 4 days and spent each night with restless sleep, waking up plenty and not sleeping right through. Another pointless supplement.

Seriously need to get some sort of bulk cooking sorted. After work, i don't want to come home and cook my meal, eat it, then go back to the kitchen and cook something for lunch the next day. Cold food tastes like shit anyway.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Weird, first time I took ZMA i slept so heavy I nearly/might have pissed the bed. I ran out of some though so I'm just taking Magnesium and Zinc. Mail me the rest of dat bottle? It might be other things that is messing up your sleep? At the time I was taking ZMA I had everything else pretty much dialed in where I was already set up to have a great night sleep but ZMA would relax the hell out of my sore muscles. Have you tried Natural Calm? might be worth a shot.

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've got several unopened bottles of ZMA if you, or anyone else, wants to buy for cheap.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I doooo, shipped to 27608

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

also try this

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

i wish someone would run me through mobility / foam rolling work every day and i could be disassociated from my body while doing so. guess i just need to make a solid routine of it because as it is i don't do anything more than maybe 2 mins of stretching right when i finish lifting. how have you guys worked it in? 15 mins before bed or something?

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea it fucking sucks. You can rush through it and make it completely useless too. I do 15mins when I wake up, sorta just a quick thing to get tightness from sleeping out. Then 30mins pre workout which is soft tissue work and mobility then 15-20mins post workout stretch. People in the gym always comment on how long it takes me to even touch a weight.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

That's the thing... SPBR seems super flexible as long as you're squatting, benching, deadlifting, and at least doing some sort of assistance work. Unless anyone chimes in, I'm gonna drop em unless I have extra time and energy to do em. My calves are already bigger and more shredded than this poor sap I know who hits them regularly with heavy weight. It's like the only good genetic card I was dealt.

Also, are you me? But I got kinda short arms (have hit myself in the balls with the bar at deadlift lockout plenty of times).
    >tfw no kids

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

ZMA doesn't make sense to me for sleep. Zinc and Vit B's make me restless and Magnesium makes me drowsy. I'd just try the mag for sleep purposes.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

It really helps for me. Natural Calm worked too, per Robb Wolfes recommendation

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Been making a delicious easy to prepare breakfast recently.

Boil 500g of baby potatoes and cut them into thin slices
    shred 500g of bacon
    Dice 2 onions
    throw into a plastic bag
    add loads of olive oil, chilli powder whatever spices you like basically.
    Let errything marinade together
    pan fry everything until its just about cooked and then throw in a bunch of eggs. Fuuuuuark tastes so good and you can make it in bulk and just store it for the week.