1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Good decision, IMO. Good luck, and have fun with it.

1 person likes this.
  2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ty bruhs. Will post a couple progress pics in the coming days. Things are really coming together. Down to 178 pounds and now have striated everything(except hamstrings and glutes). Feelsgoodman.

1 person likes this.
  3. Flame

Flame Senior member

All the lifting has paid off. Was playing pick-up ball today, draining nba 3s like nothing. Dat lower body strength.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Pick up ball when lifting is awesome for another reason...

You can box out, rebound, set picks, and push people around. It's fun physique dominating the skinnies.

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

Haha true. Its even more fun when I post up taller guys, bump their hips then drain the baseline turnaround with their hand in my face. #karlmalone

I also realized lifting has also made me super explosive and athletic. Some guys I was playing with commented I'm a like a mini Lebron James. Can shoot, dribble, pass, rebound, post up, burn you on the fast break, finish over big men etc.

Although i think I play more like Manu/James Harden....also my handle can be a bit tighter....

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

At lunch today all my coworkers were talking about weight loss. I knew I shouldn't have gotten into that one. "You're young it's easy for you my metabolism blah blah blah"

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

Seriously, my brother in law has definitively stated that I will turn into a giant fatass the day I turn 30. Good to know

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Okay okay

I love basketball too and ideally this is why I lift, but mini Lebron James is going too far.

There is only one King

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I like the dumb runners in raleigh who tell me all the muscle is going to turn into fat eventually.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I'm in far better shape and health now (33) than when I was in my 20s. Can always count on the genpop being dumb.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Haha, I've tried these and I'm never gonna do it again.

Best example was my dad who was doing bicycle cardio workouts an hour every day last summer and still gained 5 lbs of fat. I was doing no cardio at all, lifted 3 times a week and dropped 10 lbs.

Asked me how I did it and I answered "I know what to eat and how to work out". He just looked at me like I was the biggest douche ever.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I've had fat old fucks(40-50) come up to me in the locker room and say, "Son, some day you'll look like this!"

I usually bertstare them and say, "Wanna bet?"

1 person likes this.
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So, what do you do when out with a group and you are being picky about your food etc.?

Everyone is pigging out while you are managing your macros etc.

I always get a hard time from people.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

The only folks I really go out to eat with are classmates, and they all know I'm competing and are cool with it.

I get funny looks in social situations with work acquaintances who aren't aware...like office birthday parties and when some random nurse brings in cookies to work. I've had fatass nurses ask why on Earth I'm drinking Diet Lipton instead of regular. Usually I just disregard them and go back to chugging out of my gallon water jug.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a bit nervous about this party at an Attending's house this weekend since he's cooking out and making Mint Juleps. I think I'll just explain it to him before Saturday so that it's not a weird awkward surprise when I don't eat/drink anything.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I get a hard time when I visit my folks in Virginia. My mom and other relatives always cook a lot of food, and most of it is laden with sugar, fat, or both. Family friends and relatives tell me I'm too thin and that I don't eat enough. I ignore them.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Two coworkers had a birthday today. I pigged out to celebrate my 10 lb loss haha

18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's rare when I'm really dieting and following strict calories/macros.. but right now is the time for me to and I just tell it like it is.. "it doesn't fit into my diet." If they like it, fine. If they don't, they can suck a dick. Not the end of the world.

Like today.. had a meeting at work and the CAD bought us all pizza, wings, and chicken fingers. People asked and I explained. No one batted an eye.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Because your skinny, not muscular, underweight for your height and shouldn't be worried to this degree about macros (sorry if dat harsh). I would give you a hard time too, just like my friend who taught me how to lift use to give me a hard time when I thought I was jacked at 150lbs and would eat like a rabbit around him. I think once you get to TK and Charlys position and are obviously jacked people are more understanding about it.

2 people like this.
  20. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Well, Coldsnap you do not have to make it personal. I also ask in general due to my food allergies.

Hence, pigging out for you may mean a lot of carbs and dairy, which for the mass majority entails pizza, fast food, and cheap restaurants etc.

I on the other hand have to eat a lot but also avoid such food. And though I can suck it up and just go full berserk and stuff my face with with pizza to meet my bulk, I rather not go through the weeks of bloat and stomach congestion. As I am telling my brother who does not have the same eating problems as me, hence, he is 180 / about 6" and has mass, I have to eat a "clean diet".

Perhaps I need to visit some sushi establishments that have all you can eat. Does not seem as prevalent in N. California as is in S. California.