• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mr tk, i made fat grips out of pool noodles like you did and good ****, forearm swole. i managed maybe 2/3rds of the reps i would usually do. great idea, i think i will slap them on for my final set or do a couple weeks on/off with them.

stinger70

Reaction score

Thanks for the recommendation (not srs)

I on the other hand predict good gainz, taking me from 195-215 due to the fact that i have never failed to make gainz in the past and know how to eat and put the time in at the gym. You know what? The amount of conflicting information doesnt make it easy to pick a program when all the experts disagree. But when i do pick a program, i stick with it until i hit a weight goal or get injured.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so then why are you asking? do it and see what happens

stinger70

Reaction score
Better to get some feedback from people who have tried it where possible. Plus I was bringing up the challenge as i thought it was pretty interesting....but whatever.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mr tk, i made fat grips out of pool noodles like you did and good ****, forearm swole. i managed maybe 2/3rds of the reps i would usually do. great idea, i think i will slap them on for my final set or do a couple weeks on/off with them.

I need to do this. I have the wrists / forarms like a Fuji.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feels ******* horrible man and grip strength has never been a problem. My massive marfans disorder hands basically mean I don't have to put any effort into gripping stuff. Will go do rackpulls with 200kg+ tomorrow with a bit of chalk and 6" wrists.

Thing I love about westside, massive amount of freedom in terms of my ME lifts. Still mostly box squat. Also outside my flat theres a fruit market that sells 2 pineapples for a pound. Eating a whole pineapple with breakfast everyday.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm the same way. It's just leftover from our skinny jil sander wearing days. I'm gonna start doing 1,000 hammer curls every workout.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha mom visiting me for the first time since I moved away 6 months ago. She just legit asked me if I am taking steroids with a super serious face. Feels great :) especially since these 6 months have sucked cause of my injury but somehow I still made good progress aesthetically.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait to go deadlift tomorrow at Iron Arena with Jason Manenkoff and the rest of the powerlifting group there.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a week off lifting because of exams. Haven't deloaded or taken any long resting period since summer anyway, so it might be needed.

What's your opinion on deloading? Should it only be done if I can't progress with the weights? Should I go back to max effort - try to push as hard as possible on the first workout or back down a bit and work up the weights through my previous best?

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not once every 4 wks as some experts would have you believe

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I imagine myself looking so ******* chubby at 230.
Also, **** you TKGKTKGK. You're the same weight as me, and similar numbers (450DL, 315ish bench) and I have 14.5" arms and hardly any definition whatsoever.
I hate you. I do, however, ******* love Dishonored and Skyrim.

Got dem arm genetics, amigo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads