1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Bro correct yourself instead of ditching a lift. Look around the gym you will see tons of people who have pigeoned holed themselves into half reps and skipping big movements because it 'hurts".

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Holy lolz, batman.

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

There's a big difference between a hormone and a nutrient.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yes, my body produces hormones :hide:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. jarude

jarude Senior member

holy fuck. 1 scoop chocolate whey + 1 tbsp peanut butter + 2 tbsp low-cal cool whip + splash of milk until desired consistency = new proton sludge. worlds better than water + pb + whey.

6. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Anyone want to see fake knucks pull 725?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Try PB2 if you don't want all the fat/cals from peanut butter. It's kind of weird on its own, but mixes up into stuff well.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  8. Eason

Eason Senior member

His point, which I agree with, is that there are people who are making money specifically by claiming to be natural. There are obviously tons of people who make money off of their bodybuilding and who are enhanced, but the difference between them and the ones he is going after is that fake naturals are much more malignant, since they create truly impossible expectations from other people who look up to them, and leverage their non-natural physiques to sell supplements (not the chemicals they actually use) to gullible people.

Again, I completely agree you on the ridiculousness and the blurred lines on what is "legal" and not in sports today, but there is a difference between using and using while marketing yourself as a natural.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

There is not a single IFBB pro that will admit to using steroids. OBVIOUSLY they're on gear...but they all have supplement endorsements. That's just the name of the game.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It's not like all we're taking is nutrients. You ever drink a cup of coffee for a caffeine bump? That's not natural, and it's not a nutrient. Ever take an ibuprofen or an aspirin because your knee was bothering you? I don't think those are considered food products.

Both those are performance-enhancing drugs that are, for some reason, okay to take.

And people take exogenous hormones all the time. Synthroid is an incredibly common prescription and almost every woman takes Estrogen at some point in their lives. Both of those are "Performance-Enhancing".

1 person likes this.
  11. Eason

Eason Senior member

yeah but the point is that Ronnie doesn't compete in "natural" competitions or have a YouTube channel that talks about how to naturally get his results

In a recent video, actually, Jason talks about the hypocrisy of the fitness and supplementation industry for cutting people's contracts when they admitted to using gear

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

That's because the gubmint for some arbitrary reason made gear illegal. If it wasn't, I doubt there'd be the secrecy around it.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Pro BB'ing is just as silly as pro wrestling when it comes to being honest about the product. Most people would probably agree that the threat of removal of financial backing if someone is honest about steroid use is an understandable reason to lie when it is obvious no one can compete without it. However, the great lie perpetuated by the masses of steroid users is their own insistence of natural. We don't need to debate what is natural and what isn't - the steroid users themselves go a long way by playing that card. Do they lie because others will consider their accomplishments less or do they lie because they themselves enjoy the full blown natty attention, the idolization of the unsuccessful masses? Intuitions will vary and nobody has time to type it out, but I believe greater happiness principle and other philosophies of morality will largely side with honesty being stronger than falsehood. Attempts to convince yourself otherwise are fine, but ultimately it is an immoral position.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

And people should stop airbrushing photos for magazines or wearing lifts in their shoes or wear makeup or wear black because its slimming.

2 people like this.
  15. Eason

Eason Senior member

u rustled brah?

2 people like this.
  16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Interesting video. Mark Belle and Jesse Burdick tear into people deadlifting with a rounded lumbar spine.

17. virus646

virus646 Senior member

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Mark Bell is also looking jacked as fuck. I like how he mentions diet via carb nite and stuff but never mentions the gear he cycles. Everyone I know who had an elite total (and didn't use gear) that tried carb nite did loose a lot of fat but also lost strength and recovery.

19. fuji

fuji Senior member

In an out take from bigger faster stronger when the 3 brothers go to get there blood work done they get asked to write down, which gear they have used. He's admitted to using dat der before.

Just did an awkward, aesthetic burberry model came over and was asking me about my lifting and wants me to go to a gym with her in south kensington on sunday (she not on dat der poverty time), said it might be a bit awkward because i'll need to bring all my shit to lift in and I doubt her gym will like me throwing chalk everywhere. Asked what I need to wear to lift, showed her my knee wraps. Asked me to put them on, straining hard as fuck getting them tight, do a hench fart as I'm tieing them up.

20. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

How do you guys determine your one rep max?