1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ah, gotcha. Strength training is more fun anyways :)

2. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Dug up a picture from about a year ago and figured I would do a quick comparison. I am about 20lbs heavier in the now picture and all my lifts have gone up, basically looks the same though.

1 year ago:

Today:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Looks a little fuller in the chest but that's about it

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

Feeling motivated as hell on my cut. I love fasting, feels great not having to worry about food all day. I can still see abs when I try to distend my gut as far as I can :slayer:

Gotta stop eating jars of pickles though :(

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Yeah pickles can cause some serious water retention. It's likely that you're leaner than you think you are

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

probably. i dont pay any attention to sodium or water weight manipulation or anything - all i see is the 3 calories per pickle and go to town on them. so good. i have a bit of a diet soda habit that i've been doing well with lately but i am pretty high on savoury flavours so butter, salt, aromat, etc. are in almost everything i eat.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Yeah I cut soda and carbonated beverages out of my diet mostly. I drink one cup of coffee a day now, to put my creatine in so it dissolves, and the rest of the day is water. I have milk at home, too. Considering getting rid of coffee altogether and going to a morning cup of tea.

Jarude you already hated on me for this I don't wanna hear yer shit pickleman

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, cutting on IF is a breeze.
    I'm never hungry in the fasted state (mornings), even when I extend the fasting from the usual 16 up to 20 hours if I've got much to do. The very few times I actually get hungry are in the eating window. There's a whole lot of science on Leangains that backs up that fasting suppresses hunger so it's hardly surprising.

I recommend two or three big meals per day (depends on your calories), each with a light protein dessert of casein, greek yoghurt or cottage cheese topped with berries or fruit. I've found this meal structure best for getting big enough meals to get full and get some healthy treats to stop you from pigging out on junk when the cravings set in. IIFYM worked well for me down to about 10% although I do count everything very precisely.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

ha ha, i know. i have a big dependency on caffeine though; i spent last week skipping the morning cup and only having one after lunch and my mornings were fucking awful. today, i had two cups before i went and ran a few errands and it took a grande at starbucks to normalize me. im tempted to get an aeropress but brewing 1 cup at a time? lol.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Then get a big French press, just more clean up. Either way, it's totally worth it and you can brew a much stronger cup.

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Some literature out there suggests that French Press allows some not so great chemicals into your drink. Might wanna read up on it.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How could it possibly be different than other brewing methods? Unless because more of the grinds make it past the filter.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Paper filter thought to sift out some of the bad shit.

Not sure how it differs(if at all) from other nonfiltered methods.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this is what i've been (erroneously?) lead to believe also. although having a cup of coffee prepared by this method wouldn't necessarily be the most unhealthy of my habits.

15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Just saw my PT and asked about my recent knee pain (patellofemoral pain syndrome). He suggested I strengthen my quads to take pressure off my knee and loosen my IT band. Did some foam rolling of the IT band. Holy fuck it was painful.

16. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

My 19 year old friend is on like his 5th cycle this time test prop and tren ace. He's swole as fuck and pro BB genetics but his lack of regard for health is crazy.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

WTF are you guys talking about? Can I get some sauces please? Never heard of this before.

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Normally I'd say why don't you fucking Google it....but here's one that I just happened to read recently:

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/3/302.short

19. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

Any of you guys into softball? My company sponsored us to enter a team into the local industrial league this year, pretty excited about that! It's highly competitive though and it will be our first season, which means we'll probably get our asses handed to us for the first couple games at least till we catch up.

20. APK

APK Senior member

Something I ate in the last two days isn't agreeing with me at all, as I've had horrendous bloating today generally reserved for massive cheat days. I feel kind of ripped off having this sort of bloat without consuming any "junk" food. Seriously, my waist is measuring like 2.5 inches bigger than normal. I know it'll pass but I've just felt (and looked!) terrible all day.