Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Maybe his cheat is more literal than yours.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Got told by a guy that only benches on the smith machine that i needed to work on my bench form because one side was raising slightly faster than the other. Fair comment, but it's probably easy to avoid that on the smith machine brah. Might have to look into these neutral grip presses as they seem to take stress off the rotator cuffs on incline movements, did some light ones today. Also i have recently learned the value of doing a really heavy low rep set before higher rep work sets, it prepares your nervous system for heavier weight apparently so when you take off 10-20lb you can rep it much easier than you could if you didnt do a heavier set first.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

^ isn't that basically Reverse pyramid training? First set 5 reps heavy, next set -10% + 1-2 reps, next set further -10 + another 1-2 reps.
    I do it on the main compound lift for every workout. All other lifts have equal weight and reps.

Btw, have never bothered with people telling me stupid stuff in the gym/guys working out with questipnable form etc, but there was one dude today that really made me laugh. Guy was doing close grip lat pull downs and swinged his whole body up and down, counting every rep loud inbetween the grunting (22 rep sets lol) while slamming the weight every single time on the way up. The weight was 60 lbs. He probably weighted closer to 200.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Thinking about switching to this gym right next to my house. I'll loose a squat rack, have to squat in a smith machine, and a flat bench press, will have to bench with dumbells. I gain the fact of not driving into downtown four day a week for the gym and being able to bike to the gym.. I think i might do it? I can at least do asthetic stuff with the equipment.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

First session at LSE gym. Dickhead personal trainer wasn't there to stop me box squatting. Just hit 140kg for 3x2 on the box squat. I think freshers week has cancled the gains I made from smolov. Everyone was miring 140kg RDLs lol. They don't even have 6 20kg plates. They have 4 and then I had to use a bunch of shit plates.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Been considering this myself. Gold's in the neighborhood across the street - rather than driving down 20 minutes to campus on non-school days. :fu:

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I read this to my girlfriend. She responds "that's it???? that's something I eat on a cheat day."

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

I've been eating a pack of bacon a day at uni. Diets probably better then it was before (by better i mean more gainz not health). Once I stop getting shit faced every night so many gains will occur.

11. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Is there a asthetic program that has the same approach as 5/3/1? I'm talking as far as proven, results driven, and smart (push/pull ratio of 1/3)

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

I forgot to add two quizno's 12" subs.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012