Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Osqua

Osqua Member

Another thing that I take, that really works to help get rid of muscle stiffness after workouts is a good high dosage chelated Magnesium supplement. Preferably in a powder form mixed in water soon after your work out is best.
    If you do a search, you'll soon find a brand that suits you. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on what I use.

Magnesium is a natural and powerful muscle relaxer. I got onto this about 3 months ago after experiencing the same upper body stiffness you describe. Its made a huge difference to my recovery time, not to mention vastly reduced muscle pain.

And, if you need a natural anti-inflamatory, do some research on the "Boswelia" herb. Again another really powerful natural pain management compound.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Does anyone here walk around with externally rotated shoulders? Looking at every dude, including myself, in public everyone is so internally rotated. When I try to remain externally rotated it's nearly impossible. I only knew one person, my close friend, who can keep his shoulders back and externally rotated all day, even during long battlefield 3 stints..

4. Osqua

Osqua Member

CS, you're right about a lot of folks being "internally rotated" these days. PT's will all tell you its because we sit in front of our screens and dont get up and move. The lack of movement eventually leads to hunching and internally rotated shoulders as you put it. I've heard this condition referred to as "Thoracic Spinal Posture Syndrome". One of the only ways to fix this is to get movement back into the joints and muscles by doing the opposite...that is, bending back over a Swiss Ball, or 2 tennis balls in a sock...just to get some flexibility back and reverse the process.

Those of us that work out have an additional consideration. Working on pecs can lead to shortening of the muscles, that intern pulls and rotates the shoulders inward. Again the way to overcome this is by stretching and utilising the ball method above.

I'm no expert in this, so if there are any PT's out there that want to jump in on this...please help us out because this really is a growing problem.

5. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Or get ROLFed. For real shit changed my posture in 5 sessions.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

i do. i attribute this to my pulling being far stronger than my pushing in addition to a ton of facepulls, pullaparts, prone Y raises, etc.

or it could be because my bench has always sucked and im just not very good at it giving my shoulders no real reason to rotate internally.

7. Osqua

Osqua Member

Yeah, I've heard this really works, and have been meaning to give it a go.

Just wondering, have you made permanent changes to your posture or does your body want to go back to the "bad habits"?

8. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

i haven't been in a while posture is still good, wouldn't mind going again though the pain is wonderful.

9. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

What is this ROFLed you speak of?

10. Osqua

Osqua Member

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

FUUUUUUUCK

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS JINXED ME!

Bench pressing today got a pinch then a tearing feeling in my left pec minor. Had to stop my workout early. Still hurts. How to fix? I use a slightly wide grip.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Sounds like a strain :slayer:

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There seems to be a really good ROLFed place here in Raleigh, it's $135 per session.. I'm sorta wanting to give a session a try.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Freshers week is killing my aesthetics, gotten through 6l of spirits in 4 days and I haven't lifted. Went whaling last night, result was a chinese girl from LA called Crystal with YOLO tattooed on her wrist. Classy bird.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

this is how university should be. you should never regret living in a perpetual state of drunkenness whilst smashing womens of loose moral, it is all downhill from there.