Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Went to the docs and got a tetanus and flut shot and in each arm. But went on anyway to work out chest afterwards. Dat feel.

2. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Havent tried it, will see if I can find someone good in Manhattan for such a thing. Will try anything at this point.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Set your safeties higher.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

GN forgot to mention...good work brah. You've made great progress. Also, congrats on having good ab genetics.

I think it's time to start bulking, amigo.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I nearly hit or do hit the safeties on reps. Practice bailing with light weight. It's not really that scary to bail.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Need you guys to help me brainstorm here: I've got my bands for travel and they anchor in a door way - so I can use them on the sides, top, and bottom. Or I can put them on the floor and use them from there, for shoulders and curls and such. Trouble is, they require a certain amount of slack because of the band length and I can't seem to find a good way/angle to work my calves and lower back. I can step on a portion of the band length to lessen the slack required but I still can't seem to get anything that seems worthwhile. Suggestions are welcome. TIA. For reference, here's the bands again:

http://www.ihpcombat.com/shop/fitness-equipment/jc-band-products/225-jc-preditor-jr-10.html

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hmmm. The bands are single sided and attach into the apparatus, but I might be able to loop the handle around my head/neck. Or I could anchor it under the door and just pull back, with my hands out in front, until I get resistance. Trouble is, my apex point will be out in front of me as I won't be able to keep the handle close to my body and maintain resistance at the same time.

9. Khayembii Communique

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Got those already but I look at them as more of a hammy/glute exercise

11. Osqua

Osqua Member

Yes...stretching will only go so far. Trigger Points in the Paraspinal muscles of the upper back are often the cause of many neck related problems.

The key is not only to stretch and release TP's but to also get mobility back into the Thoracic (upper back) joints. A good Myotherpist can help with that.

Also, there used to be a great little device called a "Spineflex" that worked miracles for me. Loaned it out but it never came back....shows how good the thing was.
    Cant find the maker anywhere, (think they were Australian) but if you can find one somewhere snap it up. Have resorted to placing 2 tennis balls in a sock and lying on them. Works ok TP relief but more importantly mobilization of the joints. Just have to do light ab crunches and side twists whilst on the balls. Hope that helps.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea good rec. My tripper point book explains that the best approach is to eliminate the trigger points through some deep tissue work then stretch then mobilize the area.

I need to work on my upper back mobility for sure. It doesn't help that doing a hard workout always makes the area so stiff. And since I train 4 days a week now myI only have a day or two where my upper body isn't completely tight from the previous days workout.

Also this is just a tip but if you deal hunt you can find an Aeron chair for cheap. I got mine for $200.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Good genetics, plus 8 months of intense kb core work :D

Going to up my workout day cals and recomp. Enjoying how my clothes fit to gain too much mass.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

Aeron chair owns. I have one in my office and its pretty incredible how much of a difference an ergonomically designed chair can make. dat lumbar support, I have mine cranked all the way forward, feelsgoodman.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

15. Khayembii Communique

Shoulders back at 100% no idea how I hurt it squatting. Think I'm gonna start going to the gym later in the evening so I don't have to deal with the crowd right after work. Up about 10 lbs since I started this bulk but I think a bunch of that is fat and water. Hoping cleaner eating will decrease that going forward. 3 more months to go til I start a hard cut, hoping to have weighted up significantly by then.