Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Acquire aesthetic hamstrings, use more weight, feels more comfortable for some people?

I would recommend box squats and a wider stance, but thats just because thats what I do.

definitely used too low a max for smolov, 5x7x75%+20lb was really easy. Squatted 4 days in a row and I have no DOMS, gonna end up finishing this in 2 weeks instead of 3. Legs looking a bit thicker though so it's all good.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

2. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

New job includes gym membership. [​IMG]

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

job-related fitness perks are :slayer:. gym memberships are an atrocious waste of money depending on the club you're at so that's a nice benefit.

workout this morning went smashingly, all things considered. i am going stupidly light with higher volume doing 3x10's whereas before i was doing 2x5's. right now it seems like the only movements i am restricted from are anything involving my arms going into full overhead extension, so pullups, pullovers, and overhead pressing is out. face pulls, pullaparts, upright rows all feel good so hopefully they fix my shoulder up.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Try Turkish getups for shoulder rehab.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Fucking dot.
    Squat like you have been, just put bar higher. Push your hips through at the top.

You probably should not do upright rows if you have issues at the shoulder.

My guess is he's got other problems that he'll run into with a turkish getup.

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

DB external rotations helped my shoulders a ton when I injured them. Just make sure to start with light weight if you do it.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

i do these with a 2.5lb plate, probably 50 reps daily. there's no pain within that rom thankfully, it only starts slightly before my elbows lockout whenever my arms are extended anywhere from forwards of the shoulder/ parallel to the ground to completely overhead. strangely enough i did some light floor pressing and reverse benching today and noticed 0 pain during and i felt better afterwards but i was using girly weights so who knows.

i'm doing them pretty light, with a #2 band, noticing no pain during or afterwards. feels good when i'm done them

the issue with this is that yeah, i'm getting an ultrasound in 2 weeks but even if the ultrasound shows i have an issue there, i don't get physio coverage until december so even if its diagnosed as anything it'll be up to me to fix it.

not lifting sucks balls. 3 weeks off was messing with my head, sex drive through the floor, lack of motivation, etc. yeah i am pissed off about all the progress i lost and had missed out on but the mental aspect of not lifting made me miserable.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

http://omniblender.ca/products/omni-blender/

just ordered this bad boy. $275 for a blender sounds stupid, better than 500 + exchange rate for a vitamix. will report back, have lusted after a vitamix for years so i hope this is an acceptable lower-cost alternative.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

should have picked up some injectable b12 instead

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Have finally gotten my DL back up to decent levels (pulled 275 yesterday, after 4x8x225 + warmup)

feelsgoodman

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

jajaja i just remember him saying he was more comfortable with hb or something

whatever

also 1+3+2 clean complexes to death today, feels fucking awesome

12. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

What exactly does this involve? I've been trying to do one day a week of oly-lifting in amongst my 5/3/1, and it's been going pretty well (power-cleaned 235 last week for the first time) but I've basically just been working up to something that's a heavy singly or double and going till I'm till too tired to go on - figure it may be good to do some different stuff.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

3 crossfit classes in 3 days. very sore

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Im starting to develop a bit of a shoulder problem on the left side, i think its since i started overhead DB pressing more frequently/heavy. There is a pressure point at the top behind the collarbone. After doing 3 x 5 DB press it hurts bad for a couple of days. Incline DB press aggravates it badly as well unless the incline is really low. I always warm up, but it doesnt seem to help. Dunno what to do for shoulders now.

Also, think i've been overtraining a bit. I've felt like shit for about 4 days, not ill, just run down and really struggled getting to sleep and then constantly waking up and being drowsy but not actually asleep for most of the night. Lack of sleep fucks me up so bad, might see if there are any supplements to help with that.