Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Said something pseudo-racist in front of a black trainer today. The same one that always mean mugs the shit out of me, too. :(

Was talking w/ a gym bro about our freakishly strong friends. He mentioned his buddy who weighs 160 and can bench 385 and squat 495. Then he mentioned he was black...I replied, "Ohh psh, that doesn't count. Black guys have freak genetics" right as this dude walks by me and gave me a strong glare.

Felt bad. :(

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Ohhh! GHRs! Good call! I was trying to figure out how to engage glutes without overstressing my abs. Will do them next workout for sure.

This cut is going so well fuck yeah. A bit dyel-er than normal, but my clothes fit much better.

Can't wait to go back to my kb's though.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

FTFY

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

can anyone comment on open-patella rehbands vs. the conventional ones? the doc i saw advised me to go for the open-patella one, but im assuming she said that because when i think "knee brace" i think open patella.

assuming my patella is dislocated, which is what i've heard from 2 doctors - every time i fully extend my knee, i hear/feel a click - what would be the best option? should both knees have an open-patella brace? is it bad to only wear a brace on one side?

5. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

SS?

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Elitefts....Dave Tate....anyone? Arch and neutral, who cares, as long as you're not hyperextending

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'm thinking about adding my two cardio days back in. Is this a good idea with SPBR (3 day a week)? I do hill sprints for about 45 min on two non-consecutive days.

My schedule is a lot more open now and I'd really like to trim a body fat point or two though I am not ready for a full-on cut.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

Low intensity cardio is the best for keeping muscle.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Hate that feel when you didn't eat enough in the day and you have to eat a huge meal just before bed. Fuark 6 eggs, 100g of cheddar, 100g of ham, half a potato and 2 pieces of rye.

On that subject sainsburys be good to yourself cheddar has amazing macros. 32g of protein, 10g of fat, 0.1g of carbs per 100g.

Is there any difference between a dimel deadlift and a romanian deadlift? Look identical, suppose if you have good hamstring flexibility you could safely lower the bar past your knees making it different.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

11. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

for real you guys should take up rock climbing and yoga. Shot my pullup max up to 27 my curls are doing way better from increased forearm strength and deadlift max up to 370 which is 2x BW. Climbing can be cardio too if you're just burning out on 5.8s

12. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

I tend to try to get in rock climbing and I haven't done any yoga lately, but I do :slayer:. Also, can't rock climb too much because it is too much dinero. Well, at the gym I go to it is $18 for a 2 hour session (I have my own equipment).

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I just started yoga, and it's okay so far. Rock climbing doesn't interest me, at least not now.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

New knee sleeves shit on rehbands. Will post fit pics. Think I sized them too small, can't go ass to grass in them without weight, can barely break parallel.

edit: just found out my uncle has a tumor in his colon. Should be able to get rid of it assuming he has no complications during surgery. Man is ridiculous, he's 250lb and he refuses to loose weight. Doctors tell him he's gonna be diabetic soon and he had huge kidney stones last year. He won't do any exercise or change his diet. How can the pain of pissing rocks through your japs eye not convince you to loose weight? He drinks like 3l of diet coke a day.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Tried squatting today. I havent done them in a rediculus number of month's and not at all during the cut.

Unsurprisingly, my #'s sucked (185x6, 165x8, 145x10). Patella hurt from a fall last Friday but not during movements. Gonna assess how my abs feel. Diastasys area feels totally fine, groin is the only thing that feels funny.