Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

you need to start wearing a camera to the gym and start a youtube channel. Fujis adventures in gym trolling

Sent from my Vox using Tapatalk

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Getting an iphone when I get back from the states so I can use that. LSE gym might not be as lolzy though. Gonna join the rugby team for the lolz.

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

FINALLY joined the 17 inch arm club today(pumped). Wooooooooo fuck yes! 1.5 inches to go until I feel decently satisfied.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Did dumbbell floor press against bands today. Felt really weird, harder to stay in the right groove because of the bands. I think i remember reading somewhere that band resisted bench forces you out of the groove and band assisted pushes you into the groove or something. Movement felt good, definitely see how it helps with lock out. Will probably continue doing it when im back in the UK. Had 50lb dumbbells and a small band so probably 80 or so lb at lockout.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

i wouldn't fuck with dumbbells and bands. too much instability there.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/slee.../strength-shop-7mm-neoprene-knee-sleeves.html

interdesting. Only pair of knee sleeves same thickness as rehbands. May kop because they're about half the price. Anything special about rehbands other then the fact they're 7mm thick? Would rather buy these then pay 30 quid per sleeve for rehbands. Personally I think everyone should squat in knee sleeves, one of the best bits of lifting gear I've bought.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  7. jarude

jarude Senior member

band assisted db bench is awesome once you get the hang of keeping the band behind your elbows. makes lockout a real bastard. i dont see how there would be any stability issues especially if youre only using a 1 or 2 band

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Went to a metal show. Haven't really moshed like that since high school.

Moshing is a lot different when you're 30 lbs heavier.

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  9. gort

gort Senior member

What band?

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Fuck, nice. Mine are 14.5 pumped at 192lb, i dun goofed. They are the main thing stopping me from looking like i lift, any advices? i have a 6'5 friend who started eating more over the summer and his arms grew by like 1.5 inches he only gained 10lb, feelsbadman.

First time squatting with a belt today, feels way better. Got 230 for a triple then 220 x 4,4,4. The guy squatting after me was repping 200 with far less effort though, and his legs were half the size of mine. Only things i noted were that he was using high bar and a wide stance and still only hitting parallel, and he was quite short. I dont know if these low rep sets are any good for hypertrophy, but they are fun and addictive.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Tried to squat again today. Was reaaly struggling to keep barely acceptable form at 25 lbs lower weight than last week.

Figured that while I'm already deloading for form check, I might as well do it right, no matter how much I have to lower the weight. Went all the way down to 40 pounds below PR, which is BW, until form was good. Felt pretty damn humiliating.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter since my bench is too low and starting to catch up.

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I like barbell skullcrushers and strict standing barbell curls w/ full ROM for pure arm size, and then rope pulldowns and concentration and/or preacher curls to build more definition. Usually I do 4 sets of 6-12...have seen really good growth since I started focusing more on ROM and form.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

i have had much more luck with less volume at heavier weights than the opposite. 2x10 curls did/does far more for me than 3x10, 3x10 ever did. perhaps this will change as i get stronger

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

fucking the bar around

[video][/videos]

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Experemented with planks yesterday...no pain whatsoever in injury area.

I think I'll do them every workout, time permitting. Or is that overdoing it?