Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Yea, considered it but there was a PT and client working right next to me and thought it might incur their wrath. There is one guy always walking around the gym barefoot and it kind of grosses me out. Used to go with socks but on the oly platform it is too slippery.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If it's crashing, you can use cheat days to help get it back up.

If it's fully crashed, it will take a few weeks of slightly above maintenance calories.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

attempted to work out today. did barx10 bb row, 3 pullups, done. mother fuck injuries. so mad bros

5. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Sucks Jarude.

Think I'm about to hop on the Fuji train with pullups. I've always sucked at them and can never do more than 8-10 at a time. Want to try to go total best mode and be able to bang out 25 straight. Hoping the chest out, back arched approach will help with thoracic posture as well.

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

what is wrong again?

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

In my ever-expanding quest to get new protein/fat sources, i went to morton williams and picked up a bunch of baked chicken.

I got what seemed like breasts but had like, just the rib meat and little else. Is this common? I couldn't find it on any calorie tracker.

the meat was alright but pretty sparse. I'll just get thighs next time.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

thanks for the sympathy pilot, shit is really aggravating

torqued my knee sumo pulling a few months back, so no lower body

then i fell over in the shower a few weeks back and landed pretty hard on my elbow, any kind of lifting left me with minor tingling/numbness through my forearm

then, just as that one was starting to feel better, i wrenched my shoulder (other arm than the elbow injury) pretty hard during a drunken flip off a diving board last friday. i had my arm down beside me and swung it overhead really quickly and i felt a pretty hard pinch. it hurt like hell, immediate numbness and pain. lifting my arm overhead + any kind of lateral movement (think about turning a steering wheel) results in pain. i was 90% pain free today, tried to see if it would work but no dice. every injury i've ever had has felt fine or even better when i lift, but not this shoulder.

irritating as hell. i've been leaving it alone and it's been improving, so im going to give it another week tops and then head to a different doctor since mine is useless as fuck and tells me to stop lifting weights because its bad for me.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

hell yeah cheese. lots of protein, but lots of fats. luckily for me using it as a fat source today.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

Try to figure out what is hurt/impinged. How did you tweak the knee? Does it still hurt?

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

sorta want to see that bench press video..

12. flatouts99

flatouts99 Member

Anyone else have the "late night snack" issue? I had this for years, then went to China for 10 days a few months ago and because of lack of access to food late at night, I killed the habit. Came back feeling great, and sleeping better. But it's crept back into my life. I know it's a really bad habit, but it's hard to kick. Late at night is the only time I really get to unwind, house is quiet, put on news or ESPN and grab a snack. Anyone else fighting this beast?

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ i love eating sugar before bed, it helps me sleep, but is terrible for you. I've just replaced it with cottage cheese... i think a lot of people here eat cottage cheese after din din.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

You have to be more specific..
    I don't have a "late night snack" but my last meal is either 35g casein + almonds/fat source or some cottage cheese with about the same amount. Also been taking leucine, but that's not a snack:slayer:

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Best quote in the piece was:

“Then in the next six weeks he went from doing 180 pull-ups total to over 620,”

There were probably chicken backs. Not a terribly common cut.