Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

what is IF?

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

3. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

I was looking at the site does anyone have a copy of the book they can email?

4. APK

APK Senior member

If you dig around on the site enough, you'll get all of the information you need and then some. Just scour through the tags to help you navigate your way through the wealth of information up there.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You are unlikely to get definition without caring about strength. Teenagers can run around with low body fat and some illusion of definition without strength because they are teenagers, but if you don't already exist in that state it is unlikely you can just diet or cardio down into it. Diet and cardio is unsustainable in the long run, start to care about strength.

I would imagine an IF where you aren't losing or gaining is a pretty slow process, is that the issue?

I'm sure they are great but an under 7 hem is small as hell. Hard to picture that looking good on everyone.

6. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Paused bench went from [email protected] to [email protected] May be an aberration, we will see next time.

Still have crazy pain, feels like my scaps are super tight/tense and someone is pushing my neck forward (posture fail). Also feel a lot of tension in the middle of my breast bone, have tried doing neck exercises, shoulder dislocations, foam rolling on the t spine and some chest stretches. Nothing seems to really work.

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Back is healing quickly, only hurts when I cough or sneeze now, and rarely when I move. Just tweaked something I guess. Still worried that if I lift I'll fuck it up again, and with Tough Mudder this weekend I probably won't lift the rest of the week.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

sorta sketched out by taking these NSAID's every morning for a month.. but I guess people do this all the time?

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You know why, right?

Quick results the first week or two from water loss, and then loss at a slower pace.....

Just like any other diet. There's nothing special about IF (or any other timed crap). It's just very convenient for a lot of people who work 9-5 jobs that don't have much time to eat during the day.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I've been losing weight pretty steadily. But yeah the initial weight loss was pretty intense.

I think i under-estimated my TDEE, 'cause I've been losing about 1.5 lbs a week.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I am on what should be a 500 kcal deficit a day, yet my weight has remained constant and I feel flatter and softer.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Was that 500 deficit calculated from your measured calories before you started the diet?

Or was the 500 deficit calculated from an online calculator (highly inaccurate for some people) for when you started the diet?

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I'm not saying I won't lift to get there and I wouldn't mind being stronger, but that is not my primary goal/motivation. Diet has gotten me most of the way, but I've been holding within a couple pounds for about 6 months now and there's still work to be done.

15. CodPiece

CodPiece Senior member