Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. colabear

colabear Senior member

I fit in my skinny Marc Jacobs trench coat again ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh
    Keep up the good work buddy, more powers to us :slayer:

2. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I, too, have gotten yelled at for this. When they leave I take my shoes back off. If that fails, ask her if she wants to keep her minimum wage job when you sue the gym for injuries acquired in following their rules (see: TKJTG's "don't drop your 100-lb dumbbells!" bullshit).

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Do they think gym shoes are like steel toed or something? WTF does she think is gonna happen if you drop a 45-lb plate on your foot in shoes, that it'll be different than in socks?

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I'm starting to look like that. :D

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

lift at home, bronies. cost of a gym membership for one year = cost minimalist home setup, not to mention you dont have to deal with all the knuckle-draggers at commercial gyms. downsides: lack of cardio bunnies and my setup is a hobo den.

congrats tk, you fatass

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Went to midieval times last night...it was not a good day for the diet. 2000 cals at dinner alone. :fu:

Then again, I puked up my dinner on Friday. Turns out my terrible alcohol tolerance got even worse during the cut. Do those calories even count?

(nobulemia)

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

did some cable side laterals, feel like a bit of a pussy doing cable exercises but its the only way i can seem to activate the side delts.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I hate how much of a difference 10 pounds on deadlift makes. Thought my arms were going to get ripped off trying for a new 1RM today. :(

9. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Hey guys, just started a cut cycle, was wondering what you think is the best way to maintain muscle during a cut? I'm lifting 5 days a week 3 different muscle groups. I do 15 minute HIIT and 20 minute steady state cardio everyday. Trying to keep within 4-6 rep range for most lifts other than dead lift and bench press where I'm starting at 6 and going down to 1RM. After doing some reading I think low rep ranges will heal faster and require less calorie intake. Intake is 1800-1900 cals 110g+ protein less than 200g carb less than 30g sugars. I'm at 186lb trying to lose 6-7 lbs in 3-4 weeks. Any thoughts/suggestions?

^ I used to deadlift barefoot until they bitched at me about this. I'm sorry but how am I supposed to drop the weight on my foot unless the bar snapped? Also I was hitting my 1rm deadlifting 365 and some skinny distance runner dude told me I was making too much noise, I wasn't even letting go of the bar just lowering it really fast.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

more protein!

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

jesus im really spent

dont want to grab a bar for a few days

oh well lifting tomorrow wtf

also I'd totally do the home setup if I had the space, am so jelly.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Does not seem like enough calories for 186. Eat more. High reps 10-12 everything. Be sore all the time.

13. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

how many calories would you suggest? I'm def a natural endomorph, thin wrists, main fat deposits at thighs at 15 I was 6'1 225lbs barely any muscle. I have a very low baseline metabolism. Trying to get to 10-12 % currently at about 14% last hydrostatic test was at 190 about 3 months ago and I was 14.5%

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

Up protein intake to 150+++

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Went to the playground to do pull ups, did a couple sets of 15. Observation of america. Loads of fat people power walking around the park or cycling in protective gear and riding mountain bikes (wtf) trying to get shredded. Why you all so friendly? Topless asian brah with head phones in doing pull ups and everyone who walks past says hello. Also saw kids about my age playing catch (wtf). Ball rolled over by me, girl walks up to get it, asks me how my day is. WHY YOU ALL SO FRIENDLY. First time back to the states in 2 years, don't remember everyone being so friendly. Gonna go century 21 tomorrow to buy fashionz.

Don't know if you could do the argument about dropping dumbbells for not wearing shoes when you deadlift. You're not more likely to injure yourself wearing shoes when oyu deadlift then without.