1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

I wish my Left Field cone indigos were 34s not 33. the 33 fit now, post wear/stretch but the hips would be a lot better if they were 34

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Reverse curls mostly. Ohhhh yeahhhhh

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Hey man, we're kind of in the same situation (been training seriously for a short while, can still make newbie gains, want to cut but are too weak, etc) except you're a bit ahead of me, so I'm thinking; how do you manage your bulk?
    How much do you eat on workout/rest days? What's your workout routine? Do you lift to real failure? 3 or 5 sets? Any info's appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

4. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

In NJ now. Forgot how cheap cigarettes are at duty free. Bought 200 sobranis for my gf for like $70.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

At the moment i train tues/thurs/sat/sun so i only ever have one rest day, and keep calories the same every day. I think its important to eat just as much on a rest day as thats when the repairing is done. For me thats 3800+ calories and im gaining at least 1lb per week, anything less and i struggle to make strength gains.

My routine is upper/lower split:

lower power:
    squats 4 sets in 3-5 rep range going for a PR each time
    RDL 3 x 6
    leg extensions 3 x 12
    calfs, do whatever

upper power:
    bench 4-5 sets of 3-5, PR each time
    bent rows 4 x 6-8
    DB press 4 x 6-8
    DB curls 2 x 10-12
    tricep extension 2 x 10-12

lower:
    squats 4 x 10-12
    RDL 4 x 10-12
    leg press 2 x 10-12
    leg curl 2 x 10-12
    calfs

upper:
    incline DB bench 4 x 10-12
    DB row 4 x 10-12
    lateral raise 4 x 12
    BB curl 3 x 6-8
    triceps 3 x 10-12

I've found this upper/lower structure to be really good, it seems weird doing just one exercise for chest and then moving onto back, but its a proven style of training. You can pick whichever exercises you prefer on these routines, these are what work for me. I normally reach failure in the last one or two of my high rep sets, and push myself to the absolute limit on my strength sets but might need a spotter for these. I only go for one PR set of 3RM then i will take a small amount off the bar and go for sets of 4 or 5.

6. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

oops double post

7. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Old peoples gym im using is shocking. Max dbs are 50lb. Brb 20 rep sets of bulgarian split squats everyday.

8. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

Gym staff bitch told me I can't lift in socks anymore, said it was to prevent injuries if weights dropped onto my feet. I've never more felt the urge to slap a bitch. Brb lifting in indoor soccer cleats.

9. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

By her logic, if weights dropped on your feet, these would prevent injuries:

[​IMG]
    #thingsthatmakeyougohmmmmmm

10. TeeKay

lol because the .25" of nylon that most shoes are made of are going to protect you from a 45 pound plate being dropped on them. Gym staff are such idiots sometimes.

11. Oli2012

Oli2012 Distinguished Member

Just get some chucks.

12. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

She also told me off for doing 40 inch box jumps b/c I might fall and hurt myself. Lol

13. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Quick reviews for anyone interested:

JC Predator Jr. Resistance Bands - These things are fucking AWESOME. Really compact, easy to travel with, and give an excellent workout. You can stuff them in almost any door jamb, or attach the loop around any sturdy surface. Perfect for exercising while traveling, especially if there's no gym around. The orange band color is VERY tough. I'm only using 1-2 of the 3 bands and have gotten great workouts for both high and low reps. Highly recommended.

http://www.ihpcombat.com/shop/fitness-equipment/jc-band-products/225-jc-preditor-jr-10.html

OPTP Stretch Out Strap - This is an interesting concept. Its basically just a plain old nylon strap, but its got loops at the end and at every few inches for both placement of body parts (hand, elbow, foot, etc.) and for gripping onto. I've only used it twice so far but it seems to be a useful tool. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to everyone, but at only $12, I think its a worthwhile pickup for those who need some help stretching out or aren't that flexible. The hand holds really make getting deep into a hammy or hip stretch easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Out-S...=1345946678&sr=8-1&keywords=stretch+out+strap

14. TeeKay

[​IMG]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

[​IMG]