1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

apropos of swimming, it's pretty weird that a number of folks really cannot swim. back when i was in national service, we'd have the swim test and basically out of every platoon there'd be a handful of dudes for each that couldn't swim the required distance.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

if you're not using your legs for propulsion then they just become dead weight. give swimming with a kickboard a shot. it makes you look like a 6yo whether you're a pro swimmer or just learning so just ignore that fact. Its a great way to see how good or how bad your kicking is and its a great workout after just a few laps.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

legs provide balance and allow you to maintain optimal body position during front crawl; they aren't for propulsion. yes, you want to kick, but only for the sake of having them do something so that they don't sink and throw off your body position.

as a novice, trying to "kick harder" through front crawl is a great way to mess up your form and exhaust yourself.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i took it with my BCAA's when i'd do fasted training. With my PWO shake if i did it otherwise.

Ignore the carb uptake nonsense. It'll get into your system regardless if what you take it with.

5. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

conceded, meant only that they can help movement and not just be drag

1 person likes this.
  6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dude is a grade a retard

-_- right. fruits and vegetables only have vitamins and minerals in them....

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

jarude write that essay

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Look at the angle you are pulling, its all traps arms and maybe rhomboids. Can't believe everyone else said pendlay rows, hated these and they dont hit the lats imo. I find yates rows at a higher angle to be best, pulling right along your legs into your gut. Have a look at my video from a while ago () Can you flex your lats? a lot of people dont seem to be able to which makes it pretty hard to get them working.

10. GraphicNovelty

signed up to take a hop hop dance class with a friend of mine. Figured it'd be something new to learn/fun to do. Will report back on aesthetic dancers and any other potential benefits.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Take a class on breaking instead. Hip hop is like the bastardized money grubbing parasitic child of streetstyles dance

1 person likes this.
  12. GraphicNovelty

i mostly want to learn to bust moves at da club (4)

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

Would not the higher back angle (i.e. Yates) hit the traps more vs the lower angle of the Pendlay? I gotta re-work my BB row as well and that's the info I've come across.

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

It may do, but i dont see how thats a bad thing. As long as you are pulling the weight back instead of up it should be fine. I have seen people do it where they literally try and shrug the weight up but then its obviously the wrong movement. Keep the shoulder blades back and lower back arched and you should be able to feel the lats stretch and contract.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea the streets need that

(Literally we can't swim out here)

16. fuji

fuji Senior member

Disregard barbell rows, perform 1 arm barbell rows, fuuuuark dat stretch. They're basically 1 arm t bar rows.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

9.5 weeks out!!!! I have about 10 more pounds to lose. Starting to see some detail come in. Still holding on to a decent amount of fat and water around my midsection. Trying to practice smiling while posing...not going so well lol. Warning: lots of pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. APK

APK Senior member

What are your measurements at these days? (wild homo)

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

And here's pictures of kittens so my thumbnails don't automatically show up on the sidebar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.