1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

TRX is a bitch if you're not used to it. I can't quite visualize how you'd over-extend through your hips in an effort to get your back up without tilting yourself practically flat.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i just use a lot of hip/glute/hammie activation when pushing up so like, i end up not upright but a little over-extended. Probably a side-effect from all the kettlebelling.

3. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

When overhead with bodyweight-loaded bar first time since wrist sprain. Felt pretty decent. Plan is to try max effort singles sometime in early April, which I think will be good.

Coach is competing in US National Masters Championship this weekend, he should take first in his class easily; currently he is only a few kg behind the world records for his class, so it would be sweet to see him take a couple of those also.

My body is an enigma. Back when I was doing general strength training before I started focusing on Oly lifting, I benched 225 for 13, low-bar back squat over 400, do 5 strict deadhang pullups with +90lbs over bwt, deadlift almost 500 raw, 15 handstand pushups in a row.... and I didn't look nowhere near as jacked as you do. Dafuq. Seriously, I had one guy tell me "Dude, you look like a fucking nerd, but you move big weight. What's the deal with that?"

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Pullups suck, man. I've been hitting the same weight (BW+35 I think?) for months. Think it's because I have it at the end of my back day, similar to how my close grip benches have been stalled at 135 for a really long time because it's at the end of a tri day. Other lifts go up, which is cool. Sucks when you have some that don't go up, though, even if it's justifiable.

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Trying some power lifting techniques this week with a couple of guys who compete. I'm just trying it for giggles.
    1 rep spotted and still a beeatch.
    [​IMG]

6. Khayembii Communique

What's the point of this? Why not just add another plate?

7. gort

gort Senior member

Learning snatches and cleans. Feelsbadman. Humble pie. Fun, though.:embar:

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

People are usually surprised I don't lift more than I do. It's because I've gotten my numbers through hypertrophy training rather than strength training. It takes a lot longer to get to a 300 bench when you're always doing sets of 10-12 than if you're doing sets of 3.

1 person likes this.
  9. 1969

1969 Senior member

I hesitate to post anything Keto-related here, but if you are doing it or thinking about it I highly recommend "Art and Science of Low Carb Performance" by Phinney and Volek. I'm 3 weeks in right now for reasons other than cutting (early insulin restinance) and I feel 10x better than when I've tried it in the past. Basically supplementing sodium and magnesium fixed all the initial fatigue and weakness.

10. Khayembii Communique

Das wassup

PS to RHET bros why the fuck did you come at me when I went on hypertrophy and not this brah?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Squatting today.

Aiming for two sets of 3 with 485.

If the first 3 move smooth on the first set, I will shoot for a 4th and maybe even a 5th rep.

12. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Chains are for teaching acceleration and explosiveness. As the lift progresses upwards weight increases and the trick is to keep the rep rate at a constant pace.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

maybe it has something to do with the fact you poast gems like this

but idk idgaf

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Do this, your injury probably has nothing to do with the way you squat and more to do with lifestyle and postural habits.
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Because RHET bros like to think that lifting a bajillion pounds is somehow a better fitness goal than working to achieve the physique you want.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

onoes!

17. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

But you can probably bench 300lb for a single anyway brah, which aint too shabby.

18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

>implying i don't lift for aesthetics.

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It all just goes back to the feud of PLers vs BBers that goes back decades. Luckily, that split has become less and less pronounced as people are partaking in both sports. Even more importantly, now we can all just share in our mutual hatred for Crossfit dorks. :nodding:

20. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Probably the most-fit people I know are former bber's who have quit the stage and taken up cross-fit. Like or not they've got sttength, mass, endurance, explosiveness. The total package.