Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

The leangains guide said don't drink your calories. And I have an aversion to eating "dirty". Whatever, as rip says. "eating clean is not a useful concept--cheeseburgers are"

Come at me buffalo wings and brotein shakes

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

2. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Sore as shit from doing the Grouse Grind yesterday. 2800ft climb on the trail is no joke. Calves are super tight and sore today. Did it in about an hour. The record is 24 minutes. Fucking ridic.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Hitting sets of 12 pull ups easily, maxing at 15. Feels good considering I only started doing them about 2 months ago. New gym doesn't have chains so I can't do them weighted so I'm just going for reps until I can be fucked to buy a chain somewhere.

4. GraphicNovelty

Had to ditch out on the warrior dash today bc of injury. Mad jelly.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

i hear it's good to stick a dildo on top of your pull up bar for dat extra rep powah

6. GraphicNovelty

Hold a dumbbell between your feet, or hook a kettlebell with your foot. (just be careful getting down from the bar, as it could stress your landing foot.)

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Do you use shakes? If so, consider adding whole peanuts to them and chocolate syrup. :)
    Also, peanut butter and Nutella on tortillas. Mmmmmm

Looking good amigo! I think your shoulders look a bit larger.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

I hear people get pretty good results putting one on the floor doing cable situps too. The BBC is the best motivation.

Do not know how people have so much trouble eating dem calories. Been up 4 hours have had 1lb of eye round, 2lb of fromage fraish, 3 scoops of whey, maybe a quarter pound of pineapple and some dimsum. About 300g of protein.

Can't hold a db between my feet, I flail wildly towards the end of the set. Would probably launch it at someone.

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Squatted just over body weight for 5 today, technique is getting better. My calculated 1RM is now 100kg, when im squatting that for reps i will be in like the top 10% of squatters at my gym lol. I hope to put at least 2.5kg on my 3RM every week for a while.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

Went to a buffet, got bloated. Then it hurt to take deep breaths. Left side rib hurt and also in left clavicle/1st rib referring pain to neck. I've had this before just not as bad. I'm honking this is due to my scoliosis

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

Thinking not honking

12. gort

gort Senior member

How have your clothes been fitting? Your progress seems like the perfect slow bulk, which I'm planning on going for once summer is over. At the start of the summer I dropped about 10 lbs for those pool abs and sized down in my pants as my previous ones were hanging on me.

13. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Calibrated digital scale has me at 95.3kg with lifting shoes and sweaty workout clothes. I think I'll be able to make 94kg for the competition after all. Tighten up the diet a bit, ditch the shoes, get a haircut, and take a dump.... shouldn't be too hard to knock off 4 lbs in 2 weeks.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

dude youre probably at u94 already, shoes + clothes weigh prolly 1 kg, take a dump and you're set. IWF rules say you can weigh in in your underwear so you know not much to diet off there.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Clothes are tight as hell now lol. I have to go buy some new ones while I continue bulking. I'm hoping my old stuff fits me again after I cut next summer, but we'll see. The biggest problem is shirt sleeves...tight as fuark now but I guess that's a good problem to have. Pants are tighter in the quads.