Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have them all on my computer already, but there were two things that I absolutely needed in person: the nutrition guide, and the plan for what to do when. I couldn't deal with trying to scroll through what I'm supposed to eat when, and how to make everything I should eat, and I wanted to be able to see a logical plan with my own eyes. Also, in my mind, this less than $150 will hopefully be the (monetary) motivation & stimulus to keep me in it for 90 days so my clothes will fit superbly better. I just hope I don't have to rebuy everything, but if it all fits that much better, I would be more than fine with it. [​IMG] Plus I'll be healthier too, which is a good benefit as well. I just want to be able to say that I did it without any reservations, and buying it is definitely another way I can keep myself in it till the end. by the way, I don't want it to seem like I'm ungracious. I do appreciate the offer very much, sir.
    No problem. Just trying to help a brotha out to save a little cash. P.S. - the nutrition guides and spreadsheets are also available online.

2. cjl2g

cjl2g Senior member

whenever i lift weights i tend to get super hungry throughout the day and end up binge eating, is there a way to suppress my appetite while lifting weight?

3. APK

APK Senior member

Holy shit, I love heavy lifts. Fat-loss-minded routines have their place, but I'm realizing I've been missing out on going so long in between strength-based routines.

On a more somber note, my proportions still suck. I've got narrow shoulders for my build, so my calculations for the Adonis Index falls quite a ways short of the "golden ratio." (1:1.618 versus my 1:1.38).

4. APK

APK Senior member

whenever i lift weights i tend to get super hungry throughout the day and end up binge eating, is there a way to suppress my appetite while lifting weight?

Look into intermittent fasting. If it can work into your daily schedule, it's a great way to load up on the food when you really need it (PWO) and still hit your maintenance or lower unless you make a real effort to go over it.

5. not_a_virus.exe

not_a_virus.exe Senior member

lol, it's not his website; what's the beef with ironaddicts?
    ironaddicts = bodybuilding.com 2.0

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

EAC stack.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i would take out aspirin though and put in green tea extract

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

Holy shit, I love heavy lifts. Fat-loss-minded routines have their place, but I'm realizing I've been missing out on going so long in between strength-based routines.

On a more somber note, my proportions still suck. I've got narrow shoulders for my build, so my calculations for the Adonis Index falls quite a ways short of the "golden ratio." (1:1.618 versus my 1:1.38).

Because more fat loss isn't triggered by heavy lifts right? [​IMG]

9. APK

APK Senior member

I didn't say heavy lifts won't assist fat loss. I'm referring to the circuit type of training that usually gets thrown under the fat-loss umbrella.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah, neitther "assists" with fat loss. the circuit training just incorporates a bit of cardio.

however i would say that the circuit training stuff like crossfit etc are beneficial to fat loss simply because they use a lot of energy

11. APK

APK Senior member

Right. I know that diet is the bottom line in fat loss. My point was that the fat-loss-minded (circuit) training has its place because of its ability to leave you absolutely gassed.

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

absolutely.

i used to avoid that shit like the plague in favour of 5x5, but crossfit is probably the quickest way to burn the most energy and gives a better cardio workout than running or most other things.

having said that it's not part of my routine.

13. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I've been reading a lot (on IA.com) about the Warrior Diet.

Has anyone here tried it? What is your experience?

It seems like something that's right up my alley in terms of being very lifestyle friendly.

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've tried it (currently on something similar).

for me, it works like any other diet as long as caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown stays the same.

15. virus646

virus646 Senior member

I thought about it but I'm just scared that I won't get the urge to eat something along the day.