Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm no coach, just so you know. from what I see the bar is out front, it's not pulled into the hips and that's causing it to just bounce around as you extend. you also do a lot of the work with your arms, but no doubt this is due to the jump+catch cues that tends to produce these types of (power) cleans.

the cues I am given is to scoop the bar in, brush the thigh on the way up pop hips, reverse direction and receive, chest up back tight.

you'll get better fast especially with what we talked about earlier so don't be discouraged.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

You're not coming through with the hips. You're doing like 90% arms which is what most people do when starting. You gotta fuck that bar, that's what my coach tells me. Start standing up straight then boom come in through the hips and hit that bar with your hips, then catch it.

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

Jarude:
    1. You blonde haired mongoloid you
    2. How are the shoes I sold ya working out?
    3. You need to fuck the bar. It's hard. If you watch the olympics, all of the lifters have the bar super super close. I just came across this drill, it should help:

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

also this stretch

[​IMG]

feelsgoodman

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

oh god i cant do that yet

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

just went to the doctor about my knees and HOLY FUCK ARE FAMILY DOCTORS USELESS. damn socialized medicine, i tried to brute-force my way into a sports clinic referral but i got "no, you're fine, yep, everything's okay, just dont do powerlifting because its bad for you, nothing lowerbody for another couple months and if they still bug you come back." fuck man, i have been off my knees save swimming for months and theyre still pissing me off. refer me already. he did say just clicking + no pain means dont worry about it but i still have some random aches at random times so we'll see how front squatting agrees with me next week. thinking of going back and feigning extreme pain so i can just get into a sports clinic already.

thanks man, gonna give that a shot right now

sage advice, gon fuck that bar good

1. aryan as fuck, 100% dutch ancestry going back generations. parents are mega fobs. dead ringer for hitler youth poster kids, feelsbadman
    2. they have been sitting unused since i torqued my knees, but when i was using them they were pretty sweet. going to attempt squatting next week again. i do like the tight fit so hopefully i dont blow out the toebox once i return to regular squatting.
    3. thanks man, the more drills/vids/whatever the better

8. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

:laugh:

9. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

So, my sister have been asking me a lot about training and nutrition lately. I suspect she would like to drop some weight, even though she hasn't admitted it.

She works out 3 or so times a week. Mostly jogging, yoga, or some kind of group strength workout with lots of reps. I've introduced her to IF and explained how easy weight loss can be if you count your calories and eat under maintenance. Like most people think, she refuses to do this and says it "takes the fun out of eating and creates a bad relationship to food" [​IMG]

Do you guys have any easy tips on nutrition? Will 40P/30C/30F macros and IF help someone who doesn't lift?
    I've told her to limit carb intake and stay away foods such as nuts, bread, sugary yoghurts and flakes, etc...

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Holy shit training at a deficit is fucking difficult.

Time to eat!

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

3 mcdoubles pwo and I'm still below my target calories. Isthisreallife.jpg

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

You need to force into her the notion that if she wants to lose weight, she has to change her diet habits.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

might not be the best plan if youre trying to llean

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

if you start talking macronutrient ratios to someone who is averse to calorie counting her eyes will glaze over and she will rush to the nearest newsstand to read what women's health has to say to her.

tell her to start logging her food intake. once she quantifies what she eats she will understand what "eat less food" means. in my experience trying to get girls to do intelligent fitness and dieting stuff is a monstrously aggravating and futile task, so tell her to log her intake and be done with it. sexist yeah, dgaf, bishes be all cray n shit when it comes to kitchen time. i forget who said it but do they ever have psychological issues when it comes to food. dont get between bish and her chocolate, serious.

i think we often forget how ridiculous people not in the lifting/exercise world can be when it comes to things like dieting. going to the gym once a week is usually an epic feat of human strength and willpower for these people, let alone doing something called "intermittent fasting" which involves "careful monitoring of macronutrient ratios." they will up and read some dr. oz bullshit, guaranteed.

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

QFT - this is such a revealing exercise for many people. They only need to do it for a week and be honest with it.