Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

but i was transfixed on dem tits. real talk though, any point to doing cleans from a hang?

between 12-8? 5k cals a day in that timeframe is nasty. what do you eat all day long? do you rely on shakes much?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

classic lifts from the hang are quite useful in learning the hip action, so yes. the 1st pull is much more about good positioning and sweeping the bar in rather than maximum acceleration. a surefire way to fuck up a clean is to rush it off the floor and lose position.

this x 1k

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Intermittent fasting broz I need yo' help.

Background for those who don't follow my inane B.S.

So, I'd like to shed a bit of weight and if figured i'd try out leangains--i'm 5'6", 167 lbs. My BF is ~13% and i'd like to be at single-digits while maintaining as much my existing muscle mass as possible. Here's how I look now, for reference:

[​IMG]

Behaviorally, I'm fairly sure LG will work for me (I'm trying out a 16/8 today and while not pleasant, it's not torture).

However, as I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm currently recovering from an abdominal strain (from double-racked KB front squats) that's led to abdominal diastasis. The physiologist told me to lay off the lifting heavy so as not to aggravate the injury. I'm still able to perform most upper body lifts, but heavy squats and deadlifts are out :(. (For reference, my previous squat max was 265, my previous deadlift max was 350).

Any advice? Should I wait until I'm recovered and do lighter squats or DL's? I don't mind my legs and butt shrinking and my pants fitting better though--curlbro-4-lyfe. :happy:

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

thanks mang. tell me how bad this sucks? never cleaned before, and i was following the riptits cue of jump with the bar + elbows up fast. what cues do you suggest?

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I do a 6 hour feed window. My shake ends up being about 1k calories. Other than that it's a shitload of chocolate whole milk and peanut butter on errthing.:slayer:

6. APK

APK Senior member

My brother was home for two weeks and man, I ate like shiiiit. He's a distance runner, so he can get away with it, but I put on 10 pounds during his stay. I know some of it's just water weight, but oof, I cannot be trusted around the steady presence of cookies, cake, pie and the like.

Oh, and jarude, never mind what I said about cottage cheese. I've been crumbling one double chocolate cookie from Tim Horton's in a cup of cottage cheese lately and it's incredible.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So behaviorally speaking, I'd recommend BCAAs during the fast(especially if you want to workout fasted) and maybe consider EC(A) stack.

How you are able to lift shouldn't make too big of a difference with IF. While any lifter will be at a disadvantage with your type of injury, there's nothing about it that would make IF any less effective. Leangains is supposed to be very good for your goal...cutting w/o losing a whole lot of LBM. I cut on a traditional diet and wish I had known about IF at the time.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

cottage cheese and now timmies? you get fucking cooler every time you post.

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

1) What Brand of BCAA's to get? And what sort of loading should I do

2) How does this look as a workout program?

Monday: Bench/DB Row
    Wednesday: DB Split Squat/RDL/Calf Raise
    Friday: Chin-ups/OHP

10. APK

APK Senior member

GN, I don't use BCAA's much these days, but I always liked this one. Taste is actually tolerable. The downside used to be high sticker price, but that's not an issue now that they're rolling this out in "bulk."

11. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

No loading necessary. I LOVE XTend...it's cheap, tastes yummy, and works. I just do a single scoop before workouts or if I'm super hungry(as I was in the beginning...that feeling is gone after 2 weeks).

I'm not so great at critiquing workout programs, so I'll refrain. I'll just say yours in completely different than mine, but if it works for you then go full steam ahead. :D

12. gort

gort Senior member

You did EC right? Did you add the aspirin or no?

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

good genetics bro.
    if i didnt watch my carbs or fats..well, id be a lot worse

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

miron gainz. Dont know how that was even possible, looks like 20lb LBM in 3 months. I like how you have a poor shoulder to hip ratio, you look pretty narrow but jacked enough to make up for it. I have a similar structure except shoulders are even narrower. Thanks for the motivation.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ehhh...sort of. I take aspirin for it's many other supposed benefits, and I continued it during EC. Whether or not it actually makes a difference with that, I can't say.