1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Depends on how much you tear it up, how much you sleep, how much you eat and how adapted you are to your training. When I was squatting 6 days a week i'd only do like 5-10x2 with 85% of my max, which isn't particularly hard to do and I was sleeping and eating fuck loads. I'm only squatting twice a week now so each session is much more intense, higher volume, working up to a higher percentage of my max and then lots of assistance work. I train with my dad sometimes and he can't train the same way because he can't recover from it fast enough so that depends on the person.

1 person likes this.
  2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I switch between upper and lower that target generally the same muscle groups, so every Monday/Friday I'll work the same groups generally. I also work to failure on most lifts as I'm doing post-failure training.

I wouldn't worry about overtraining at 3-4 days, if you're asking this question then you're not going to overtrain at 3-4 days.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. jarude

jarude Senior member

I had a fuji-esque experience the other day. I was out eating wings and watching the game when I had a spontaneous and somewhat explosive nosebleed come on mid-meal. Deffo got some blood on my wings, but I still had like 7 left and they were damn good so I wiped them off and ate them anyway. Couldnt salvage the ranch dressing though.

I did it for the gainzz~

3 people like this.
  4. Flame

Flame Senior member

general consensus is that muscles need a good 48 hrs to fully recover from a session. YMMV.

don't worry, overtraining happens only to like 1% of the population.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this

6. Eason

Eason Senior member

24-48 hours. Your body will adapt to your frequency/intensity of training. Thus why full body workouts are choice for non-enhanced lifters who want to do 3 days a week.

1 person likes this.
  7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Pharmacy trying to block my gains. Went to buy some ephederine today, they asked me why i'm buying it so often and if its not helping my lungs then I should go off it. Still sold it to me, but they're getting suspicious. She was clearly just jelly of my leanness. Also found out it's so much cheaper to buy my meat from china town. 1.25kg of flank steak for 4.50 hnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Inb4 fuji gets arrested for suspicion of methamphetamine production.

3 people like this.
  9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

So this girl is apparently a former gymnast and dancer so her ROM and flexibility were great. Doing stripped 5x5. Taught her squats, pull ups and bench press. On Friday I;n gonna show her Deads, DB rows and DB Press (don't think she can handle the bar for full OHP).

1 person likes this.
  10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Does stripped 5x5 mean what I hope it does?

11. GraphicNovelty

12. Eason

Eason Senior member

Went up to 195 today on front squats, feels alrightman. Can't wait for 225.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So it's, like, completely normal to feel like complete shit after a 1.5 mile jog, right?

1 person likes this.
  14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think so! :slayer:

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Brahs how do you get/stay motivated for cutting. I can't even bring myself to start. All i know is bulking. Gonna look so scrawny and not make any gainz for like 10 weeks, at the end of which i will look basically the same, nowhere near shredded, but smaller and weaker. If i cut all the way to shredded then it wastes way more time, and im nowhere near the size i want to be now let alone after cutting. Then afterwards dat feel when cant bulk up quickly or i will waste the leaness i gained on the cut.

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

This is my struggle now

Been recomping (+500 on lift days -500 on off days, net +500/wk)... strength has been going up, love handles have been disappearing

What good is size when its under 1/2" of fluff, IMO... I wanna be ripped[/Calloway]

17. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well, for those that care about their looks, it's all you really need. If you want to get to a certain look, do it.

But sounds like you already know you're not big enough to start cutting to reach a look you want, so no need to worry about it anyways right?

18. GraphicNovelty

19. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I would like to be bigger before cutting, but its a balance really to gain an appreciable amount more size i would get too fat. I don't want to go too far down that road of looking shit with my shirt off just to gain a little more muscle and make my lifts go up. Then its gonna take even longer to lean out. I'm kind of at a point where if i go either way then both take me further away from my goals.

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

It sounds like your diet needs to be tweaked. You don't need a fat generating diet to continue making gains

1 person likes this.