1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Would be around 260kg...haven't maxed DL in a while though

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

the worst feel

1 person likes this.
  3. Eason

Eason Senior member

My morning drink is a shot of expresso + 1 tbsp cream + half packet of splenda and a lot of cinnamon. hnnnnnnnng am looking forward to drinking it tmrw after being on vacation for the new year

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. jarude

jarude Senior member

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Ham and glutes on fire today after DL last night, little tightness in lower back. Wonder what I'm doing so different when squatting. Only thing I can think of is that it's easier to squeeze my glutes / ham when DL than squat,

6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

You naturally sit back a lot more on deads than squats, hence you get more posterior chain activation. Try to break the squat at the hips rather than at the knees and shove the knees out to the sides as much as possible. Also, glutes and hams fire at the bottom position of the squat, so make sure you break parallel.

Anyone got anything to say about my form in the vids I posted? Mainly concerned with my front squat.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

i forgot to reply at the time because i was on my phone but your form looks pretty great dude.

1 person likes this.
  8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I also thought your form on everything was good. I would say you need to start adding the plates on and eating a lot.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yah front squat looks fine

10. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

RHET brethren, what are some good foam rollers out there? Or all they pretty much the same like I think they are?

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

I know the blue foam made in China ones explode with regular use, not sure about any others though. Those rumble rollers and other knobbly looking things all seem pretty overpriced compared to a lacrosse ball.

Finally finished 2 months of conditioning focused programming. Coach is now prescribing more volume and more strength work :slayer: bring on the food :slayer:

12. conceptionist

Thanks guys.

I've actually just come off an IF style bulk I started in the middle of the summer. Put on quite a bit off mass. It seams like most of the fat I gain is stored in the lower body since my thighs and ass have grown more than my upper body. That + carb face and constant bloat as well as outgrowing a fair bit off my wardrobe, made me decide to cut down to sub 10% bf and take it from there. I'm around 13% atm. Since my lifts are still very low and I don't have to cut for very long, I don't think I'll lose any strength.

Reason why my lifts aren't higher despite bulking for so long, is that I've done a couple of deloads and a lot of work on flexibility to make sure I learn everything correctly. Didn't start real benching until mid fall and still not able to back squat with good form.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The Grid. Other than that, they're pretty much all the same. Get the darker foam if you're going that route. It'll hold up longer.

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

I 2nd the grid.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

lacrosse balls

16. conceptionist

I went to the local construction shop and managed to get a small pvc pipe for free. It's the perfect size at 2 feet long and about 6" diameter. I think they're commonly used for draining or laying concrete on the ground for houses. Should be some spare parts at your local shop.

Initially had in mind to wrap it in a yoga mat but seing how effective it is without it, I probably won't bother. It seriously hurts to roll the quads, lats and lumbar though.

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Fuck, I chipped my front tooth. Right in the front on top. Not very sensitive to temperature but hurts if I chew with it. Hoping I can just get this bonded getting a crown on a front tooth would fucking suck.

18. Flame

Flame Senior member

Hell yeah to oly shoes, did a pr of 100kg x 3 for atg with the rogues that came in the mail.

Bacon, if u see this, big thanks brah.

1 person likes this.
  19. Crat

Crat Senior member

Is it normal/alright for form to decrease when trying a 1 rep max?
    I lifted a new PR last week but my back rounded like a motherf*cker, something that doesn't happen when training with 80% of that weight.
    The resident powerlifter said its OK as long as I don't do it too often and keep training with weights I can handle with good form.
    Any thoughts?

20. Flame

Flame Senior member

just do 5rm more, the key is that at least you are progressing (in weight, reps, or even form)

also of course there will higher % of form issues the closer you get to a true 1rm.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013