Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

One hour left on my 30-hour work shift...then its home for a nap and straight to the gym. :)

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

trained last night woke up this morning with a sore throat, blocked nose etc, in july, isthisreallife? Dont want to eat and was supposed to train legs tonight.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Dave tate uses smith machine for incline bench, jus sayin.

Spastics in the gym today. Some guy was doing 10x10 front squats and asked me how I train my squat. I said 5x2 and I max out every set. Told me how olympic powerlifters (what is this I don't even know) only max out every 8 weeks, was not sure if serious. Brb maxing out twice a day. Then he told me about how important peri workout nutrition is and showed me all his supplements. I guess T nation has to sell to someone. He was over 100kg and front squatting the same weight I was using for lying tricep extensions.

Also had another retard doing smith machine half squats with gloves, chalk and tampon. He was backing into the bar to set up as well. Never seen that before, why would you do that? Like what logic was he following?

40kg per arm on incline db for 7. Next dbs are 42.5kg and are gypsey as fuck. Made by the gym owner. I probably won't use them, might just stay on 40s until uni and hope my gym has bigger dbs (not likely).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

No, I'm just saying that's where I'm making my slowest gains. Legs, abs are shaping up nicely.

I just meant it's nuts that you do 3 upper body days. I get bored as fuck doing just one.

Eh, it's not just about aesthetics for me. I actually enjoy squat days more than upper body and like leg work way more (plus it helps my knee issues). I just want better upper body aesthetics. I should probably change my schedule to have 2x upper every week instead of just one. hrm.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

In that case yeah do 2 upper body days-bench/DB row one day, incline bench/pullup the other day, and split te accessory exercises however you want.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

based on your bbcom thing I wouldn't cut for even one second more

also had to google behind the back barbell curl

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

lol, I'm not that skinny, though I know I could put on more muscle.

Besides I just wanna look like Brad Pitt in fight club

Not really a bb curl, probably a bad description.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

[​IMG]

e. ^lol

9. Saenek

Saenek Senior member

For all you guys noming on raw almonds, I'd recommend soaking them first - soak em in salted water overnight then dry them in the oven at like 150 - takes care of the phytic acid and gut irritants so you can eat more of em without jacking up your gut.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Never heard of this, but I'll give it a try.

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

I've got some soaking in water in the fridge right now for tomorrow. Soaked raw almonds are great. I know that's how Persians eat them, soak them and peel them, which I don't do as the skins don't bother me. Why use salt though?

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

also coach informed me he enrolled me into another training camp in august. wtf am i doing there with all these good lifters mang

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I still have weird muscle spasm in my shoulders when I lift my hand overhead. I wonder how much it would cost to get a doctor to lOok at it with my shitty insurance.

14. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Experience matters a lot here. You are pretty new to lifting, so you still make gains very quickly. I'm not sure that this is really about olympic lifters so much as it is about elite lifters. Remember it's always about forcing the adaptation, and then allowing time to recover. When you are young, new, and squatting 300lbs, this recovery can happen a lot faster than if you are older, very experienced, and squatting 650lbs. When you need to lift that sort of wait to force an adaptation, recovery takes a long ass time. 8 weeks seems a little on the long side, but probably not as much as you think.

15. KGBC

KGBC Member

The strongest barbell clubs in the world do have max effort days, and don't max out every week.