Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

164 was in early May.

Keep in mind a good chunk of it was water weight as I was low-carb at 164

It's been fairly lean. I went from 8% bf to my current status which I would guess at around 11%.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

son I am disappoint

no purple trunks

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Stop worrying about a curved back.

4. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Disagree.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Well lets all get out our penises then, and see who's right.

6. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Do you know of a decent powerlifting/weightlifting gym in Singapore? I am there every couple of months.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

went grocery shopping in the states today, you motherfuckers have nothing to complain about when it comes to food prices. 6.99 for 4lb frozen chicken breasts? is this real life? also, saw why merica is so fat, lol. talk about decadence

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

what is this i don't even... where the hell are you from, rude? totally thought you were murican.

saw this article (and am taking it with a grain of salt): http://articles.elitefts.com/traini...ntional-or-sumo-based-on-your-bone-structure/

according to this, torso length is normal (always thought it was short), but arms confirmed for short as shortass. as a result, tried pulling sumo. couldn't move anymore weight over conventional, but was considerably easier to keep the back straighter. only downside so far is bar knurling clearly favors conventional pulling.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

+1. Where you from Rudolph?

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Right but that doesn't help my ultimate problem being that I cannot get my hips low enough with my feet close to the bar, thus I have to increase my back angle the closer I am.

Yes, I really fucked up my back pulling with a curved back.

Very nice, may I ask how you changed your diet from leangains for your bulk?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

canada, right? wouldemigrate/10

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I actually have never read the leangains protocol. I just make sure only to eat between noon-8pm, get 200g of protein, and get carbs and fats up to where I'm +1000 calories for the day. I train every day, so the calories never actually change.

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Cray cray, how do you train every day?

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Finished my workout log. Dat feel when you look back through it and you were squatting like 50kg in september.

Only lifted 3 days this week and only 2 days were PR days. Feels bad man.

Experimenting with protein pancakes. Making them out of an egg, bit of greek yoghurt and some oat bran. Had one with peanut butter, gonna have one with ham and cheese in it. Might add some whey protein too.

I have long arms, short torso. Can't pull conventional for shit. Sumo just feels so much better.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I am pretty sure I get what you are saying.

You have a desire to lower your hips to reduce your back angle. The issue being the hip height and back angle is largely dictated to you when you take the correct form. The bar should be over the mid foot, the stance should be comfortable and powerful, the bar should be against the shin, and at least Rippetoe suggests to consider the scapula behind the bar. When you do these things, the hip and back fall into place.

You can modify those positions small amounts by making minor tweaks, but you may want to ask yourself if you are trying to turn your deadlift into a squat. A conventional DL is not a squat off the ground.

The issue I see with widening your stance is that despite allowing you to drop your hips a fraction, if your hands are already just outside your shins then your grip must widen to accommodate the stance which can turn right back around and drop your shoulders lower. I appear to gain more shoulder height and thereby lessen the back angle by bringing my stance in, opening up more room around my knees, allowing me to bring my hands further in than expected.

Best case scenario that I see is if you have gradually been widening your stance over time to drop your hips and your arms are knocking your knees. Try reversing this, bring the stance in, hang the arms straight down, and lose the back angle.

Maybe this has something to do with your incomplete recovery between leg workouts?