1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Made friends in the gym. More people are talking to me because I'm there for like 9-12 hours a week now. Helped a skinny asian brah squat properly, forced him to throw another 10kg on, put him on the road to aesthetics and another brah told me he was merlin my intensity. Will try get a group of skinny asian brahs to train so they too can enter the oligopoly of aesthetic asians and leave the competitive market. Rep and weight scheme I posted earlier was far too easy even with very short rests and doing piston style squats, probably work up to like 140kgx6 next week. Went 260kg for 5x30 on the leg press afterwards to get dat pump.

2 people like this.
  2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

how does your friend utilize rest periods (inbetween workouts not sets)

I found that for me taking solid time off was excellent to growth. My brother on the other hand would start to drop off if he rested as long as I did.

Thanks!

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Almost no time off at all. He's even in back at training again the Monday after his competitions.

Nearly no time off for guys at the top of the game is what I usually see. They've gotten their bodies so accustomed to take on extreme workloads.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Enjoying surgery much more than I anticipated...to the point where I'm starting to seriously consider going into the field. Good night sweet gains if so lol.

Though one of the residents I work with is 5'7" 200 pound beast with a 1400ish total

1 person likes this.
  5. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Thanks. Does he nap a lot or anything to compensate?

And ya, part of the reason I gave up power lifting is I am pretty set on surgery so it is just not realistic. Best I can do is slim aesthetic (within the limits of ma bod) - love that there are a fair amount of medical school students on this site.

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nope.

1 person likes this.
  7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

shiiiiiiiiit
    beast mode :slayer:

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

someone at work just got a standing desk, am supremely jelly. turns out 90% of the desks here are modular and built on adjustable stilts so they can be raised/lowered with a few minutes of work, unfortunately mine isn't. guess i will have to settle for aeron

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What you mean set on surgery? I always think bodybuilding shit is way more dangerous than powerlifting due to the extreme muscle imbalances that are prevelant in bodybuilding.

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

fuck the aeron chair, it's not that comfortable in my experience.

Have you tried the embody?

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

i don't care enough to dish out 700+ for a chair when i have an aeron for free; it suits me just fine. though the embody looks like a pretty kickass chair and something i'd probably want if i had a chance to try it out.

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

sorry brah I thought the company was buying this for you.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Surgery as the field i want to do in medicine. Makes it very difficult to have a regimen. You have to reaaaaaaly want it. And I just do not at that level.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

powerlifting vs bodybuilding vs weightlifting = lifting, no need to get hung up on how to define one's own training. unless you compete and its an identity thing

my bad sir, gotta english better. company dishes out aerons like candy already

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

ah gotcha, miss understood.

16. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

17. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

That resident probably has no life after working 100 hours a week and lifting, eating, etc. enough to maintain that level. Either that or he's a robot and doesn't sleep. Don't expect to be him. Every resident/physician I met that cared about lifting and had other desires in life basically had to settle until at least PGY3-4.

TK is a 3rd yeard med student doing rotations in various fields, apparently really liking general surgery.

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

Accounting professor gave me a 2:1 in my essay on the bobosian method of asset valuation, fuk yeah.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

My girlfriend's dad is a brain surgeon in Florida. Private practice too.

I love my Rippetoe shorts btw, best thing I've bought. So much mobility with a 14" knee opening

20. Flame

Flame Senior member

1.79m @ 72kg. I like wearing slightly baggy oxfords with skinny jeans and penny loafers. :embar: