1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

hope this wasn't srs. I made a 80% improvement to that exact posture within a few weeks. It's simple, FORCE your shoulder blades back and together ALL the time. It will hurt like fuck at first. Don't stop. Literally do that for most of the time for a couple of days and you will see a huge difference. Throw in some pec stretching here and there and do a shit load of rowing and back work in the gym.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ephederine actually works really well for its intended purpose, clearing our your lungs. I've never been able to get rid of my smokers cough even after quitting smoking habitually over a year ago, took 18mg of ephederine and its gone.

Bench form is starting to actually look nice, elbows tucked, shoulder blades back and fairly arched. Got 42.5kg for 5x5 on db flat bench, probably isn't the best thing for hypertrophy, giving flying motions ago though, feel awkward currently.

Unrelated I went to a UCL bar last night, everyone looked like poor as fuck hippys wearing shit clothes with like peace signs on them and the girls all looked like dykes. This is how I imagine american universities are, also they all had fucking technical back packs.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I really doubt this.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

When I have a job I'm gonna get a bed instead of a chair and just lie down on it and get an underling to type my shit up as I dictate it so I dont get shit posture.

5. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

fuck I have terrible posture as well. don't think I have it as bad as the pic because of his lower back but my shoulders are definitely rounded and my neck posture is probably more forward.

been doing chin tucks for a while but to no avail. also been hitting my rear delts more and trying to stretch my pecs but I don't see any changes.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

On my third month of boring but big, its really helped me in a lot of areas especially giving me sufficient working sets to address forms and weaknesses. I think I will run it for 3 months every year. The additional volume filled me out well too.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Holy shit...just tried putting on the jeans I wore all last summer...felt like I was trying on my girlfriends pants. Super depressing knowing how many clothes I have in my closet just sitting gathering dust. I might have to do a massive B&S unloading soon. Someone who is a sz 32 might get really, really lucky.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Got any straight-ish leg denims at 33" waists?

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If you mean true waist...yes. Got a pair of lightly worn EPs(Epaulet) in sz 32 that I think measure at 33 and the same with a pair of black jean shop rockers.

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

noticed today that the resolutioners at the gym are already down by about 50% from 3 weeks ago. All those memes about january gym goers are true and not actually an exaggeration.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG]

I know dat feel

Same time as the last photo I posted, which was peak hours. Gyms basically empty.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

you got EP chinos?

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Speaking of terrible posture, not you just everyone behind you.

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Did they stop making the EP denim? The url's on their site are 404'ing me. I might be into your pair.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Guy to the right of me has some of the worst form I've ever seen. I think he's trying progressive overload on the tricep kick back or something because he was trying to use 22kg dbs on it and the form was hilarious.

16. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

This is a fairly accurate statement.

17. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Like ten pairs lol

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Yeah they stopped about a year ago. Not quite ready to unload them but I'll let you know if I do.

19. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Yep. I doubt I'll undo years of bad posture within a few weeks while continuing to sit all day. Even if I smash through mobility work everyday, ratio is still fucked. I should be able to quit soon, then I can find something where I can actually stand up and take breaks away from the computer. Call centre work is terrible on the body. Next semester for school doesn't start until July so I'm stuck for now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  20. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Can't record video at my new gym.

Here is me coming up from a BW squat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Last picture isn't final lock out position. Forgot last screenshot.

1. My bottom position looks OK, right? My lower back is neutral, though my upper back and shoulders look rounded.

2. When driving out of the bottom of a squat, my chest rises quicker than my hips causing my lumbar to overextend. I can actually feel this happening with heavier weights.

3. My upper back is rounded and loose when driving up so I have this weird combination of a rounded upper back and overextended lower back.

Thoughts?