Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hmmm. Ok, this sounds like its coming from your chest/shoulder rather from your neck. I have a very similar problem that stems from my fucked up shoulder/scapula. What are you doing for chest? How about chest stretches? And what rehab shoulder work are you doing?

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I think what was throwing me off was "jacked up" has a kind of dual implication.

I guess my next question for you is - if what you are doing has worked in the way you suggest, why is it not common practice preached across every forum and message board on the internet?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Because we're special

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Thought i was gonna have a shit workout today, lower body, felt tired. Added 5kg to my deadlift and 5kg to leg press, both felt good and form felt easier to maintain than usual. Goes to show you have to push through mental barriers. Some kids loaded every single plate onto the leg pres, then did a couple of 1/10th ROM reps, realised they couldnt do it, and walked off. They must have left the gym as they didnt come back so i could tell them to take the plates off, what a joke, had to strip them all off took me ages. I wouldnt mind if it was someone who actually used that much weight for proper sets, but they just loaded it and left.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

How do you guys prepare your oatmeal? I just tried 1/2c oatmeal, 1c water, and needed about 2tbsp of honey to make it even edible. Ugh.

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

with milk and flavoured protein powder.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

In a blender with whey, peanuts, and chocolate milk. :)

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Managed 3 x 1 min planks with +115 pounds this morning. That was only 5 hours ago and my abs are already on fire. The next few days are gonna burn so good.:slayer:

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

everyone needs to go buy a slow cooker, now. im pretty sure a few people in here have been advocating cooking with one and im kicking myself for not listening sooner. absolute minimal effort for absolute tastiest results. threw in a can of tomato sauce, some sugar, and a packet of bbq seasoning with a bunch of chicken breasts, pressed "on," did stuff for 6 hours and came back to tender juicy deliciousness. chicken breasts are never going in my oven again, ever ever ever. gonna try and make some buffalo chicken in it tonight and start on my own chili next weekend.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Personally, I top it with a little bit of Blue Agave and Cinnamon, beyond the extra protein. YUM.

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Because most of the big boards live by bro-science. And people are afraid to put on a couple pounds and invest time into this type of diet before seeing the returns.

While it may not be the best approach for fatties, I feel it can work wonders for most.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I tend to keep the protein powder out my oatmeal. Personally, I really like to add peeled diced apples, raisins, cinnamon, milk, and a little bit of brown sugar. When I do this I tend to make a batch that is about 6-8 servings. Then create individual portions and enjoy throughout the week.

I love my slow cooker, but I don't know if I would put skinless boneless chix breast in there. If you don't eat the whole thing that night the leftover chix might be dry as sand. When it comes to meats and slow cookers you are best left to "tough" meats that need to have the connective tissue cooked out of them. Think things like pork shoulder, briskets, and round steak. You should play around with some recipes for baked beans. Great way to use your slow cooker and get your protein and fiber at the same time. Plus, may recipes call for bacon, always a plus.

14. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Oh yeah...Pro Tip:

If you are going to do hang cleans in your basement, be sure to checkout your overhead clearance first.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

did some bone-in cb's in there and the meat pretty much fell off the bone when it was done. tried it today and it is nicely shredded and not anywhere near what i'd call tough. then again im going to portion this out for the week so we'll see how its holding up on wednesday