Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hastur

hastur Senior member

Training at 2AM sucks.

i always train at 1 or 2am and it owns owns owns

love my 24 hour gym

2. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I usually get to the gym around midnight and do fine, but the two hours made a difference. Gonna have to eat/sleep more this weekend to make up.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

Man I find super early or super late to be the best. I cannot go at prime time since the bro saturation is far too high.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

actually i agree with whoever said whatever above.

fartlek is a type of hiit. i'm sure you can make an hiit harder than fartlek

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I am gonna start lifting during my lunch breaks in the spring... hopefully to free up time for cycling at night

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You guys have got some big ass calves. Damn.

I was attempting to do back extensions on a swiss ball and I may have lodged my testicle inside my abdominal cavity. Just no way to get comfortable doing those.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

use a roman chair
    If I had a roman chair I wouldn't be attempting to eject my balls out of my ass via the swiss ball.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

ah.

when i didn't have a gym pass i used to just use a regular chair with my feet locked under something. it worked, but just a little unstable.

i tried doing supermans but i dont think supermans are a very good substitute for back extensions on a roman chair

10. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Do your gyms have reverse hypers? Mine doesn't have a roman chair but it does have a rev hyper. I've never seen anyone use it aside from myself.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

One gym had a reverse hyper, the other gym actually had a glute-ham raise machine, but people used it like a reverse hyper.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Unfortunately, this isn't an actual gym. Just a "gym" inside my apartment complex. No special machines. We've got 2 benches, a smith machine, dmb's up to 50, and a few other machines. No loose olympic bar for deads or anything like that. That's why I've been using the swiss ball. But my thighs are too large and they push my balls forward. When I press them into the ball, and then try and balance my feet against the wall, its like someone is stepping on my balls. I try like hell to get comfortable but its really hard.

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Unfortunately, this isn't an actual gym. Just a "gym" inside my apartment complex. No special machines. We've got 2 benches, a smith machine, dmb's up to 50, and a few other machines. No loose olympic bar for deads or anything like that. That's why I've been using the swiss ball. But my thighs are too large and they push my balls forward. When I press them into the ball, and then try and balance my feet against the wall, its like someone is stepping on my balls. I try like hell to get comfortable but its really hard.

use a chair. stick your legs through it and hook your feet onto something. it worked for me

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I know the trick. Unfortunately, there are no chairs high enough nor is there a setup that I can use to actually extend down all the way. Plus, its not an actual gym so I can't fuck up the place trying to support myself.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

Ironaddicts seems like a great site. It's either very well moderated, or there are just no assholes. Also, they really stress not over-training, leaving some in the tank so you can recover. Sounds simple, but it's a mild revelation for me. Wendler says the same thing.
    Bit of necromancy here, but the reason that ironaddicts is fucking awesome is because the only people allowed to give advice are people who are strength and or physique verified, meaning unless you've been proven to lift X amount of weight, you can't say shit. It keeps out the bros and bb.com types, as they focus on keeping it simple, and leaves only tried-and-true, practical advice. Its low on dogma, and very high on practical, useful advice that is guaranteed to work. Some of the guys dishing out advice on there are absolute monsters. It's a damn shame the site's namesake, Wes, died earlier this year - however, the site remains as the last bastion of no-nonsense diet and exercise info. Lots of good stuff on there.