Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Since the weight is positioned by your hips when you use a cambered bar if you fall forward the weight is gonna swing out really far infront of you. Much more so then with a straight bar so unless you stay upright you'r gonna get pinned.

2. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

I'm at 59.2kg now. That's about 1 pound (or .5kg) a week. I've started becoming hungry between meals (I eat 3 big meals and a post-workout shake). Squat keeps going up.

Typical day:

2 x fried eggs, a tomato, a bacon rasher, and 2 x wholemeal toast
    Orange

Chicken sandwich (200g chicken breast)
    Mayonnaise
    25g sultanas

Banana smoothie (1 cup milk, banana, whey, honey, peanut butter)

Chilli con carne
    50g rice
    50g avocado

150g reduced fat natural yogurt
    1/2 cup raspberries

2600kcal, 191g protein.

Re macros: I'm at 30/40/30. Is this big deal? I know everybody here says 40/30/30, but I'm eating over 1.5 times my BW. Reading material would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

3. gort

gort Senior member

I like myfitnesspal. I see fitday's mobile app is paid which is lame.

4. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Dont think macros are important for noob gains, minimum 1g/lb protein apart from that eat whatever you want within reason. As you start to get stronger then SS gets a lot harder and you will need to eat a lot more, probably enough to gain 2lb/week in order to keep forcing the lifts up.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

have to drop OL down to twice a wk, gym is closed for july. My coach knows the caretaker there so we can still lift there a few times, which is awesome considering.

prolly just snatch, cj and fs to keep some sort of technique in check.

have to fill the void in my schedule by doing some nonspecific shit at commercial facilities, as in squats pulls and some mobility stuff.

maybe throw in some curls

naw just kidding

but srsly last time I was in a branch gym I had some ambulocetus come at me for doing drop snatches with the bar. told me that the sound of my shoes hitting the floor was scaring her - this was with the music blaring at full blast plus some grunting dyels occupying the machines and what have you. 0/10 would not lift there again

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

wtf man is this real life? Im scared to go to a uni gym especially one where everyones a retard. Please have a squat rack, box and dumbbells past 40kg. Sister goes to the LSE gym, says I will be the strongest person there by far, with a 60kg squat she's stronger then most boys.

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

i guess this topic has been discussed multiple times, but what about straps for deadlifting? im a noob (do like 4 * 8 at 110 kg), and at the last sets my grip is weak as fuck. Do you do hook grip, reverse grip or straps at that point? or focus on grip strength?

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

[​IMG]

9. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

hehe, sorry, i guessed there was some sort of consenus among the regular posters...

10. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Quote:Not to start a fight, but as a noob, you should really focus on grip strength. Straps have their place, but if you use them as a crutch early on, you'll have a much harder time later.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wonder if my jeans are gonna be super loose on me after doig 2.1k calories. Looking at my Programing I will actually be hitting my legs harder than I usually do. So maybe I will gain mass and loose fat making all things equal.

12. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

There was, sorta. It was at the Arnold this year. Kendrick Farris and Donny Shankle and a few others secured the US one spot at the 2012 Games, and IMO Donny pulled some indifferent heroism by lifting with a fractured spine to total to send Kendrick to the Games. He maybe just saw it as competition, but I bowed down in front of the computer screen when I saw the PanAm results in May.

Here's hoping he finishes in the top 10, lolololol. Looks like I'll be watching Klokov.

In other Olympic WL related news, I'm almost finished with the training "facility" that I dreamed up in my parent's garage. Bought a Pendlay NexGen Bearing Bar (wanted Eleiko, but this seemed just as good for 150 less) and some econ Bumpers. In the process of buillding jerk boxes, finishing up cutting wood soon. I'll post a pic next week or so when it should be finished.

13. Flame

Flame Senior member

You will love my uni gym. 2 squat racks, 50-60kg dbs, 5 boxes.

Also, rolfcopter.

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

So I met an old friend of mine. Dude was doing 140 kg squats on a BOSU at a height of 165 cm. Mind blown.

15. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Out of the four universities near me I think one has squat stands.