1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I believe 3 hours of snow shovelling counts as HIIT... [​IMG]

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I had to spot a women bench pressing 200lb yesterday and it was one of the most intimidating and off putting things I've ever seen.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

I had to spot a women bench pressing 200lb yesterday and it was one of the most intimidating and off putting things I've ever seen.

Was she like "ughhh bodybuilder chick?" or one of those sarah bertram types that looks like your regular dame then kicks your ass all over the gym?

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Was she like "ughhh bodybuilder chick?" or one of those sarah bertram types that looks like your regular dame then kicks your ass all over the gym?

She was quite nice looking until she took her coat off and she had huge veiny biceps. Also she had a very strong scottish accent.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Penetrative clits. No thx

6. APK

APK Senior member

Trying to explain to the average person why the recommended 50g of protein a day is horseshit is just a completely [​IMG] experience.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Trying to explain to the average person why the recommended 50g of protein a day is horseshit is just a completely [​IMG] experience.

Doing 300g a day for the last week and my body has gotten much harder and defined. Lost a lot of water weight and my abs are showing much more clearly. My weights not changed that much and I only feel a bit stronger, but I just feel more solid. I don't know how people only do 50g, thats like 1 steak.

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

i do 50g some days, it's fine.

hardly ever more than about 140. I don't even bother counting protein.

9. APK

APK Senior member

Most of the people I know who think 50g/day is fine or that any more is excessive are generally skinny fat at best or overweight most of the time.

10. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

not skinny fat at all. i'm 5'9", 150lbs and deadlift 400.

11. APK

APK Senior member

I didn't say you were. "Most people."

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

hmmm yeah, but then most people who advocate 300g protein a day for people less than 200lbs are telling people to waste their money.

13. APK

APK Senior member

I honestly can't fathom consuming 300+ grams a day. I fluctuate between 170 and 175 and struggle to get 1.5x LBM.

Ultimately, it comes down to what your goals are.

14. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

The average person can usually get enough protein just by eating relatively normal, maybe with reminders to include something protein based each meal. If you're eating
    B: 2 eggs
    L: 150g of lunch meat
    D: 8 oz steak
    then you'll be getting about 120 g of protein. If you're lifting, you can get to 1g/lb+ (I get about 1.5 g/lb without really thinking about it) just via food.

15. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

DL form check:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Edit: more than half the video is just me screwing around setting up. You can skip all that.

16. sonick

sonick Senior member

imho you are not sitting back/getting low enough with your butt, which is causing you to round your lower back. Your upper leg should be closer to parallel to the ground at the lowest point of your lift. Although it could be because of the angle of the camera. [​IMG] Also, for the actual lifting motion, you are straightening your legs first before your torso, this puts more strain your lower back instead of the hams/glutes. It should be more of a simultaneous fluid motion (i.e. your legs are fully straight at the same time your torso is vertical). Activate your hips/glutes more, focus on the motion of forcing your hips forward.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

DL form check:

you just need to move the bar back so that its touching your shins and riding up them from the start position.

imho you are not sitting back/getting low enough with your butt, which is causing you to round your lower back. Your upper leg should be closer to parallel to the ground at the lowest point of your lift. Although it could be because of the angle of the camera.

Also, for the actual lifting motion, you are straightening your legs first before your torso, this puts more strain your lower back instead of the hams/glutes. It should be more of a simultaneous fluid motion (i.e. your legs are fully straight at the same time your torso is vertical). Activate your hips/glutes more, focus on the motion of forcing your hips forward.

Sorry, but wrong on both points.

18. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

nope, not a keto diet. a simple 40/25/35 macro breakdown.

cheat days get me lean [​IMG]

New here, but wanted to endorse the high-calorie "cheat" days.

I'm always pigging out during November and December. Holiday parties, family events, etc. I still work out as intense as I can, but pretty much the weeks surrounding holidays the majority of days are "cheat" days: 6000+ calories daily of cheese, cookies, steak, pie, etc.

Then in January when the thought of baked goods makes me ill, when I go back to a normal diet and stop eating so much junk, I get lean so quickly it's crazy. Almost as if my body gets used to churning through 6k cals and keeps searching for that amount even though it's only getting 4k from food. I usually end up leaner at the end of January than I was in October, without changing my workout schedule.

Fun stuff.

19. jarude

jarude Senior member

New here, but wanted to endorse the high-calorie "cheat" days.

I'm always pigging out during November and December. Holiday parties, family events, etc. I still work out as intense as I can, but pretty much the weeks surrounding holidays the majority of days are "cheat" days: 6000+ calories daily of cheese, cookies, steak, pie, etc.

Then in January when the thought of baked goods makes me ill, when I go back to a normal diet and stop eating so much junk, I get lean so quickly it's crazy. Almost as if my body gets used to churning through 6k cals and keeps searching for that amount even though it's only getting 4k from food. I usually end up leaner at the end of January than I was in October, without changing my workout schedule.

Fun stuff.

no such thing as a cheat meal, only a "metabolic reset meal"

20. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

man, i finally figured out why my BF% has gone up, it's because i quit smoking four months ago. i really need to rethink my diet now, i do something to help my health and it totally backfires on me.