Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

yeah pretty much, its honestly up to you to get the most out of it. its nice to have someone on-call on skype since if you're anything like me you have a tendency to overthink stuff and get hung up on the details - he offers a good amount of perspective and gets me back in the right headspace. now, its not super-best-friends or anything, the guy is running a business but if you have any more than a passing interest in lifting its a good investment to make.

2. LM16

LM16 Senior member

For me personally, I send out a weekly spreadsheet with the training program as well as a nutritional spreadsheet. They will fill the training out each week giving comments rating the perceived exertion level (scale of 1-10) and making note as to whether anything was unaccomplished. They also take pictures and tape measurements submitted each week to track progress and allow me to make tweaks on the nutritional side as needed. After receiving data back I then make adjustments and send out new sheets for the following week and of course my e-mail is open to any and all questions. That's just how I do mine, and I'm sure most online coaches do something similar in nature.

3. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Awful bench day. Struggled to get up 4 @ 195, have done 5 @ 205 previously. 5 @ 145 was a struggle on decline bench, have done 20 or so pounds heavier. Just no explosiveness. I have probably neglected upper body over the last month as I have focused on squats and deadlifts. Have also gone away from OHP due to shoulder issues. Need to figure out a way to build back up.

4. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I've learned never to read too much into one bad day at the gym. There are so many factors that can go into performance, a 5 or 10 percent drop from your usual standard doesn't necessarily mean that much. Maybe you haven't slept enough the last few days, or haven't eaten as well as you usually do, or any number of other things. Try again in a few days and see how it goes.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Im just curious. Care to share your program he wrote for you?

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

if anybody can post articles or methods to correct muscle imbalances that isn't lame seo article or product shilling article i would really appreciate it

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

What everyone else said and the most valuable thing he provides, imo, is reviews of your recorded lifts.

You're getting the advice of a veteran of powerlifting that has gone over 800/550/800 and has trained with similar guys his whole life. He helps fix your form til it's perfect.

He's done wonders for my big three lifts.

And once again, he's always open to take emails, phone calls, and skype calls/video chats when you need him. Very welcoming and great guy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. knucks

knucks Senior member

Coldsnap:
    I can't see your nipples.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

I also have friends who do online training and nutrition counseling. Hit me up via PM if interested.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

the start of something

[​IMG]

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

abdominal pain is less bad but still hurts a bit...hopefully it's just a strain

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

An old lady at the gym saw my penis today.

Thought I locked the bathroom door in the free weights area...had my headphones in so didn't hear her coming in. She caught me midstream...I looked over and she was covering her eyes. I of course pulled my shorts back up(still mid-stream) and managed to piss all over them. Finished my workout smelling like a nursing home.

feelsbadman.

13. gort

gort Senior member

Thats weird there's a bathroom in the middle of the lifting area. At my gym it's in each gender's locker room. Also nobody EVER flushes the urinals in there and there are no urinal cakes so it always stinks of disgusting piss. Why is it so hard to flush a urinal if you are going to wash your hands immediately afterwards? :fu:

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Maybe Krause can answer this but why switch from powerlifting to athstetics? Dont you get a good enough boys powerlifting? Most the power lifters at my gym have a better physique than most gym bros and if they watched their die it would be even better.

15. knucks

knucks Senior member