Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

hater :(

i would say that the experience of dieting down is well worth the results in terms of self-discipline, plus you will surprise yourself at the gains you can make while cutting. i was in the same boat - i was terrified at cutting down for fear of being dyel but honestly nobody cares or will be able to tell the difference. unless you are ready to step on stage or compete there is a good chance that absolutely zero people even know you lift anyways, so don't let that become a part of your decision-making process.

and yes, hire john. not to shill, but it makes training very simple. certainly not easy, but simple. results-oriented, no bs, you do shit that works and good things happen. charly said something that stuck with me and got me to hire him - it is by far the best money he/i have spent on anything training related. if you spend any amount of money on supps, protein, whatever, you can afford to hire the guy.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How is john with addressing flexability stuff? Like most my program is built around correcting my shitty posture.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Just email him. He's really quick to respond and often available to talk on the phone. I'm sure he'd set aside a few minutes to chat on the phone with a potential client.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Right on, I shot him an email. Willing to try this for 3 months. Not willing to cut down to 150lbs though. 160 OK but 150 no way. That's what i competed at in olympic weightlifting for a bit and i just did not like being that size.. Also i just re bought my wardrobe in the size that fits me now ish.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

His methods are simple and straightforward. But be prepared to train your ass off to the point of nauseous regularly.

I've been at it for a while with him and I still get sick (near vomiting) probably 80% of my workouts.

It's all working though.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

6. mrchariybrown

Also, if he suggests the once-a-week cheat day protocol, I suggest you try it out and see if it works for you. It might take a few months for your body to get adjusted but it's well worth it.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

tooch hired him as well and has had hip issues preventing him from squats and deads iirc but he has been working around it. i havent seen him around for awhile but last time i checked things were going smoothly.

yeah, simple but certainly not easy. lower days on volume routine = bitch please. what a rude realization that was. also, referral whore lol

8. mrchariybrown

Hahaha

But yeah, 4x10 deadlifts followed by 3x10 dimel deadlifts is pure evil.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

oh god im gonna die. It's like 90* in my gym with no AC death trap

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

2 days of swimming has made my back more sore than deadlift day; diel??

11. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Deadly7 -

RE: OHS.

Knucks is right that just OHS for the next month is dumb. You can add in some OHS without it being the only thing you do. This goes back to what I've said before about not restricting yourself too much with variety. If you squat 2-3 times a week right now, that's 8-12 times a month. You can make 2-3 of those OHS. This will strengthen your core without sacrificing the posterior chain work.

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I think you get the most out of OHS by doing them after your heavy squat work...when your legs are all wobbly and off balance. Works your core even harder!!!

I've never even thought of OHS as an actual leg exercise...can't imagine replacing actual squats entirely with them.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

My legs weren't the issue, which is why I was thinking of doing that. But this makes sense and is actual feedback/critique, thanks for that.

Hmm, I may try this.

14. gort

gort Senior member

How exactly does online training work? Do you send him self-taken videos of your lifting and stuff or does he just build a plan for your lifting and diet and you send him your logs to critique and adjust?

15. APK

APK Senior member

Depends what you want out of it. He'll give you a routine based on what your goals are (i.e. jarude started a BB routine when he decided to go more for aesthetics), lay out a diet if you'd like him to (basically just calorie + macro target for the day), and critique videos. If you go by what a lot of his clients on IA say, you're getting the most bang for your buck if you send him videos of your lifts regularly, since he will find sticking points in your form and then can talk to you on the phone or via Skype about what you need to do to correct it.