Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Set up my squat rack this afternoon, then had to dismantle it so we could get it through the garage doors, put it back together inside, shut the doors and the door came off because the frame is rotten :facepalm:

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Hmm...interesting...

With the seated press, is it better to drive your weight down through your ass into the horizontal part of the seat, or press your back into the vertical part of the seat?

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

I love seated press, surprised you could move less weight. I understand if your abs are really strong there'd be no difference, but not less.
    The only thing that has increased my press is pressing more often. Do it twice a week normally. Also as Langargian said getting your lats ready helps loads.

Lolzy day at the gym today, went to american military base gym with my dad. Dad was doing incline bench with 115lb (does he even lift?) haven't done a barbell pressing motion this year, tried it, unracked the bar and just dropped it right away, fell on my stomach, feels badman. I also tried to do kipping pull ups for the lolz, they felt really weird so I just did 105 normal ones. Did a couple with a 25lb as well. How do people use those shitty weight belts which are made of a piece of chain and some leather. Belt falls off right away, inzer belt + chain through it is so much better.

Not really gym related but I bought final fantasy 4 today, was buying new headphones saw it and I hnnnnged. Haven't bought a video game since twilight princess I think, fuuuark so excited, love final fantasy games. Brb not lifting for a week.

TK, when I do seated overhead press I force my upper back into the seat and arch my lower back, basically bench press form, but overhead.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

ff4, published in 1991? You old schooling it?

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

one has to acquire dat ass for shitty belt usage

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Got it for the psp, I am so excite. Its ff4 and ff4 the after years. I've only played 7,8,9,10 and 10-2. Didn't realise they remade the old ones for like the psp and ds. Might buy tactics and 12 too.

I have no ass, I should start humping barbells, but it crushes my balls even with a pad. Also why I don't do lower back extensions.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Swole guys, buy my BoO polos.

8. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

fuji I didn't do less seated, just not significantly more. :)

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

So I bench two days before I squat.. but everytime squat day comes around my shoulers / triceps are still so tight from benching two days before that it's always a pain to get my shoulders back correctly for low bar squats... Does it just mean i need more thorasic mobility? I'm like super super tight 3 days after benching.

10. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

Typically that kind of soreness goes away after your first couple of workouts. How long has that been happening?

11. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

holy jesus mother of buddha i am sore but tore it up at football today.

now just need dat arm strength to really kick my throws up that next notch. but i hate bro curls. ugh.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

True. Been 2-3 weeks. My trap injury has subsided a bit which has let push my bench workouts a bit harder than usual.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Egg ball or poverty ball? From what I've read throwing power isn't really related to arm strength.

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Might try a pre-workout supp. I've heard craze is pretty good. Swallowed a couple spoons of coffee before todays workout and felt a difference (i never drink coffee)

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

spoons of grounds or liquid? :eh: