• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So guys I was at the gym and this short DYEL white kid was staring at me. The mothafucka made eye contact and I was like, "Oh he better look away or I'mma **** him up". He ran away like a little ***** so I finished pumping some iron and toning my biceps. Down in the locker room, that same mothafucka comes in while I'm changing and walks out. Think he was gay cause he was staring me down and didn't want me to see him naked, probably sporting some wood or some ****.

Lol I had an adorable little gym bro come up to me and ask for critiques on his deadlift form. Little did he know that my deadlift form kind of sucks lulz. Dude got 135 x 2 on the hex bar and looked like he might die in the process. But you know what? Good on him for trying.

joshuadowen

Reaction score
Two random thoughts from squats today:
1. Tried to use the Robertson approach. Felt like I wasnt getting enough depth by "sitting back." It seemed to just result in my butt/hips shooting back. Then needed to use my quads/hamstrings to actually get depth. I am sure I am doing it wrong.

This might be the result of poor hip mobility.

LM16

Reaction score
junk in the trunk bros, ive found a magical way to make all pants fit: undo the top button
then again i think everyone's problems here are having dat quads, not dat ass which is sadly my problem
frown.gif

Sadly I have both problems.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wearing my new jeans bros. they fitr after a soak. if my legs grow and i dont lean up, they wont fit.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol I had an adorable little gym bro come up to me and ask for critiques on his deadlift form. Little did he know that my deadlift form kind of sucks lulz. Dude got 135 x 2 on the hex bar and looked like he might die in the process. But you know what? Good on him for trying.

I think you missed I was mocking GraphicNovelty's gym story..

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Jarude I saw a guy getting out of his car in the gym parking lot with a license plate that said something like "Goaltendr" and other hockey related stuff on his car so I thought "oh nice a fellow netminder going to lift." Then I saw him in the gym doing smith rack squats with a neck pad. :(

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Jarude I saw a guy getting out of his car in the gym parking lot with a license plate that said something like "Goaltendr" and other hockey related stuff on his car so I thought "oh nice a fellow netminder going to lift." Then I saw him in the gym doing smith rack squats with a neck pad. :(

:slayer:-->:confused: --> :brick:

in my case i fully attribute having great flexibility and a stronger posterior chain (compared to my quads) to being a goalie. i have zero problems hitting full depth regardless of what squat stance i use, and its probably the reason why i like pulling sumo so much. obviously biomechanics are unique to the individual, but he could be far ahead of your average dude trying to squat or deadlift without knowing it. :(

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super jelly of all you strong posterior chain folks. :(

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changing my main squatting movement. Focusing on the paused box squat. Did 150kg for 5x2 that pause makes it so hard, just a 3 count and getting out of the hole is so much harder. Russian guy who doesn't speak english squatted 270kg and benched 180kg at a bw of 100kg, I was forever miring.

stinger70

Reaction score
Dat feel when you go to the gym for leg day at peak time and know you won't have to wait for a single piece of equipment because nobody else works legs.

noirwest

Reaction score
Need some advice here. Last week I was benching and I started to feel a pain in my shoulder in the middle of a set (first time I had ever attempted 3x8 @ 200 lbs). I've never had the problem before and it went away pretty quick once I rested between sets and I didn't think much of it. When I went to do my next set, the pain returned and it was worse, so much so that I could only do a few reps before I stopped. From that point, I couldn't do any chest exercises, no bench, no flys, no pec deck, nothing. The next day I felt a dull pain in the shoulder but it lessened as the days passed. I was able to do all other exercises in my routine without pain though, even shoulder exercises (although I didn't attempt military press). I went a week without doing any chest exercises and didn't feel any pain in my shoulder, so yesterday I tried to do do bench press again. However, during my warm up sets I felt the same pain return and immediately shut it down (did 8 reps at 95 without any pain but my warmup set at 135 did me in). The pain wasn't as bad the second time and it didn't linger into the next day, but it was still discouraging.

I guess my question is, how long should I refrain from chest exercises before I attempt them again? The fact that i don't feel any pain in my day to day life and can do all other exercises normally kinda throws me off. I thought that since I didn't feel any pain after a week I would be ok to bench again but clearly that wasn't the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads