Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Lol I had an adorable little gym bro come up to me and ask for critiques on his deadlift form. Little did he know that my deadlift form kind of sucks lulz. Dude got 135 x 2 on the hex bar and looked like he might die in the process. But you know what? Good on him for trying.

2. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

This might be the result of poor hip mobility.

3. LM16

LM16 Senior member

Sadly I have both problems.

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

wearing my new jeans bros. they fitr after a soak. if my legs grow and i dont lean up, they wont fit.

5. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I think you missed I was mocking GraphicNovelty's gym story..

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

8. gort

gort Senior member

So Jarude I saw a guy getting out of his car in the gym parking lot with a license plate that said something like "Goaltendr" and other hockey related stuff on his car so I thought "oh nice a fellow netminder going to lift." Then I saw him in the gym doing smith rack squats with a neck pad. :(

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

:slayer:-->:confused: --> :brick:

in my case i fully attribute having great flexibility and a stronger posterior chain (compared to my quads) to being a goalie. i have zero problems hitting full depth regardless of what squat stance i use, and its probably the reason why i like pulling sumo so much. obviously biomechanics are unique to the individual, but he could be far ahead of your average dude trying to squat or deadlift without knowing it. :(

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Super jelly of all you strong posterior chain folks. :(

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Changing my main squatting movement. Focusing on the paused box squat. Did 150kg for 5x2 that pause makes it so hard, just a 3 count and getting out of the hole is so much harder. Russian guy who doesn't speak english squatted 270kg and benched 180kg at a bw of 100kg, I was forever miring.

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Dat feel when you go to the gym for leg day at peak time and know you won't have to wait for a single piece of equipment because nobody else works legs.

13. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

tfw you can tell high school is out for the summer..
    [​IMG]

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

15. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Need some advice here. Last week I was benching and I started to feel a pain in my shoulder in the middle of a set (first time I had ever attempted 3x8 @ 200 lbs). I've never had the problem before and it went away pretty quick once I rested between sets and I didn't think much of it. When I went to do my next set, the pain returned and it was worse, so much so that I could only do a few reps before I stopped. From that point, I couldn't do any chest exercises, no bench, no flys, no pec deck, nothing. The next day I felt a dull pain in the shoulder but it lessened as the days passed. I was able to do all other exercises in my routine without pain though, even shoulder exercises (although I didn't attempt military press). I went a week without doing any chest exercises and didn't feel any pain in my shoulder, so yesterday I tried to do do bench press again. However, during my warm up sets I felt the same pain return and immediately shut it down (did 8 reps at 95 without any pain but my warmup set at 135 did me in). The pain wasn't as bad the second time and it didn't linger into the next day, but it was still discouraging.

I guess my question is, how long should I refrain from chest exercises before I attempt them again? The fact that i don't feel any pain in my day to day life and can do all other exercises normally kinda throws me off. I thought that since I didn't feel any pain after a week I would be ok to bench again but clearly that wasn't the case.